Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digital Cameras

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The missus and I are looking to buy one for our Crimbobs present this year. Are there any experts on the board?

Looking to spend around 120-150.....

:moo:

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
I got a waterproof / shockproof / dustproof / freezeproof one about a year and a half ago for £120

Can't remember what it was called but it was QUALITY

Will be great in the summer, you can take it down the beach, put it down on the stones and not worry about sand ruining it, bring it in the sea with you, take it on bike rides

Mine took some MAJOR knocks and never broke on me, dont have it any more as it fell out my bag on a bike ride.

The picture quality wasnt top drawer but could easily have a computer screen sized picture without it looking dodgy

Will find a link for you and post it on here in 5

Fujifilm FinePix XP10 Digital Camera - Blue 2.7 inch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics I think this is a newer version but honestly, best thing i bought. Hoping to get another on in the christmas sales

Last edited:

Tesco were selling Fuji Finepix 12mp "point and shoot" camera's for less than £50 quid. Mother in Law was given one and, despite being a technophobe for anything beyond Aga level, took some superb shots.

We have 3 digital camera's - my wifes is a "bells and whistles" Olympus SLR one which I cannot ever seem to get to take a decent photo, it is too clever for it's own good. I prefer my old Olympus 6 year old digital which takes most of our pics.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
pixel stuff is a scam....you only need 3Mp unless you're blowing up to a billboard.

go for sony or fuji as good lenses. i like the sony as it can do "sweep panoramic" - nice.

saying that, all digital cameras are shit, they cant meter properly and are slow, so go for a DSLR and never look back :)

if its just for snaps, goto ebay and spend £30 on an old 3mp snapshot (sony of fuji) and it will do what you need.

nowadays more ppl email photos and rarely print them.....digital albums and not hard albums.

get what suits your use :) dpreview is THE site for cams.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
We're going to be looking in the sales too but either for a seperate camera and video camera or a good all rounder. Would it be best to go for 2 seperate ones or all in one?

What are the main specs to look out for? I'm guessing from a bit of research the main two for a still camera would be mega pixels and optical zoom?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
and if you can stretch to it... go for the TZ20 :thumbsup:

Listen to this man. The Panasonic Lumix TZ20 is a great camera. If you can't strectch to it you can pick up a TZ10 for a lot less which is still a bloody good camera with a nice decent zoom.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As said above, Argos have got some good camera deals at the mo. Just bought a Canon Powershot for someone for Christmas. A tasty little number (so much so that I had to have a hand shandy over it before I wrapped it up).

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
Go for the Panasonic Lumix. Ive got a near top of the range Sony Cybershot. Its well made, got loads of features and was expensive - but the actual picture quality is just so so.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Listen to this man. The Panasonic Lumix TZ20 is a great camera. If you can't strectch to it you can pick up a TZ10 for a lot less which is still a bloody good camera with a nice decent zoom.

Check the macro close focusing distance. It should be 2 cm. On the cheap big zooms it might be more.

I have got a Fuji bigger zoom camera with one fixed lens. I am not all that keen on it. Cheap though @£100.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here