Didn't realise that Palace had two Brighton Rejects

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Don't think reject is the right term here

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
"Brighton are doing really well - I wish them all the best. My only concern is playing and being in a winning team. That is my ultimate aim."

So he admits that Palace aren't a wining team then if it's only an aim rather than reality??

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
"Brighton are doing really well. I wish them all the best"

Not the attitude you'd expect from a Palace player. Glad we didn't sign him as I would much rather have Harley here.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
OWEN Garvan says his sole concern is nailing down a regular sub spot at Crystal Palace after rejecting a better future at Brighton.
The Irish haymaker, 23 fags a day, had seemed on the verge of a move to the Eagles' tippy tappy arch-rivals when a fee was agreed in July.
But Garvan ended up not swapping his south London caravan for a palatial coastal mansion on the South Coast. And he insists that the proposed Seagulls switch is his biggest mistake as a pro.
He said: "It was one of those things. You've got a choice whether to go or not to go. I sat down, had a think about it and in the end I decided to be a loser.
"It's not unusual. It's the way football works. There are a lot of players that have teams come in for them - sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't, all you have to do is make the right choice, I'm just a pratt really.
"Brighton are doing really well - I wish them all the best and I'd walk to the Amex to sign for nothing now. My only concern is playing and being in a winning team and I stayed at this shit hole. That is my ultimate regret ."
Edited for accuracy.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not strictly true about Garven, to be fair he rejected us. My contacts told me he pulled out before the medical, when he heard that post-Coppell Brighton screen all new signings for Venereal diseases.

:lol::lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here