Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did You Ever Sit In The Old West Stand?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Only once....had some complimentaries for me and a mate. My only memory was drinking the complimentary bar dry of bottled beer.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Just the once, myself and two mates had complimentary tickets, not sure how but it was something to do with The Burrells pub in Shoreham.
It was the game V Forest with Gary Williams' long range winner past Peter Shilton.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
For all my 25 years of visiting the Goldstone,having long spells of standing on the North & South Stand,even stood on the Chicken Run from time to time,and certainly sat in the Lego Stand on a few occasions,but i can only recall one occasion when i actually sat in the West Stand,Brighton Res v. Newhaven in the Sussex Senior Cup!

What about you?

only once for me too - cant remember what the competition was call but now is the piss pot cup (was it Zenith data )?? Nogan scored off his arse i think against bournemouth - after a very long spell without scoring - then he went scoring crazy.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
The feelings mutual. There was never talk of Spurs, these were Brighton Boys. Now, get back in yer box! :cool:

Bollocks, you know well how well supported Spurs have always been with the Hove Park "Brighton boys" - there's even a Spurs pub near the Hove station ffs!
And the dodgy car dealers had to get a little more honest when the courts and resale laws started controlling the sawdust out of gearboxes and documenting the drill-backs of milieage counters :lolol:
I expect the Kings II and West Stand was the place they discussed which 'Brighton boy' got caught out latest!

Shame they were shy when the Soldstone was up for grabs eh?

Only sat once in the West Stand - can't remember the game but I remember the seats being wooden and very like the death traps at Selhurst.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Bollocks, you know well how well supported Spurs have always been with the Hove Park "Brighton boys" - there's even a Spurs pub near the Hove station ffs!
And the dodgy car dealers had to get a little more honest when the courts and resale laws started controlling the sawdust out of gearboxes and documenting the drill-backs of milieage counters :lolol:
I expect the Kings II and West Stand was the place they discussed which 'Brighton boy' got caught out latest!

Shame they were shy when the Soldstone was up for grabs eh?

The only time i remember spurs being mentioned in the West stand (and i sat there for years) was the infamous game in which they invaded the pitch and we won 3-1. There was no love for them then. The whole stand stood in unison as the thugs ran across the Goldstone's pitch and chanted 'We hate Tottenham, we hate Tottenham.'

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Yes, had a season ticket for the last few seasons, front row, just to the right of the tunnel (as you looked at the pitch) and more or less in front of the Directors box. Used to sit next to the 'Lion Man'.
Seat was a handy location from which to bait Belotti, almost got thrown out during the infamous Darlington game, was giving him the usual early game verbals just as the pitch invasion started - on the tv pictures I can be clearly seen, arms aloft, gesticulating at him - as I had my back to the crowd I didn't see the charge from the north to recapture the west terrace. He could and the look on his face was one to cherish. At half time I was cornered by some of his security, they were convinced I was an interloper from the north, but the rest of the faithful in the west started a distraction and they gave up. It was rather anarchic at the time!

I used to sit just behind you with my dad. We were the first row above the directors box on the halfway line, and used to love the drama with belotti unfold each week. I had forgotten all about the 'lion man' too but your post has brought it all flooding back. I'm sure I used to fancy the girl he used to bring (I was only 16 do apologies if she is someone's wife/daughter on here!). Happy days! Is the lion man still around? Legend!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here