Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did You Ever Sit In The Old West Stand?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
For all my 25 years of visiting the Goldstone,having long spells of standing on the North & South Stand,even stood on the Chicken Run from time to time,and certainly sat in the Lego Stand on a few occasions,but i can only recall one occasion when i actually sat in the West Stand,Brighton Res v. Newhaven in the Sussex Senior Cup!

What about you?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Yes, for my first game against Grimsby in 1988.

At the Donny game I went up and acquired what I believed to be the very seat I was in.

All I remember was looking over at the North Stand and wishing I was in there.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I had a season ticket with my late Dad in the old West stand through the late seventies and the eighties. We sat in the same seats year in, year out through my childhood & teens. Happy days!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Only once. A 3 - 3 draw against Middlesborough. We were in the same division as we are now and Danny Wilson was in our team. We made Terry Connor our man of the match.

It was a corporate Do from one of the breweries that supplied beer to our club. (United Services). We ended up well tanked up that day.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I only ever stood in front of it - by the tunnel on my milk crate - after the old South Stand burnt down. Aside from the football, the main entertainment seemed to be ripping the piss out of Mike Bamber's wife for the amount of make-up she wore when she emerged into the director's box at the start of each game.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Probably my first half a dozen games spent there in the 88/89 season as a 9 year old. Loved it the view was great, and saw some quality matches.

Went in there once in the 96/97 season as I was banned and thought this was the best stand to go in unnoticed, that plan didn't work so ended up watching a load of games from an east stand garden, before braving it back in the north stand for fans united and the remaining fixtures up to and including Doncaster.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yep reserve games and a couple of first team games. One aticks in the mind beat west brom 3-1 matty edwards had a stormer

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Twice. Sussex Senior Cup final, 1976, Horsham v Hastings and then a 3 0 loss to Swindon in the early 90's. The SSC game was good as i was just a kid but nearly got thrown out for losing it during the Swindon game! I remember my dad drove a couple of the Horsham players home after the SSC game, including Norman Gall. Does anyone know how he is doing?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Only once. A 3 - 3 draw against Middlesborough. We were in the same division as we are now and Danny Wilson was in our team. We made Terry Connor our man of the match.

It was a corporate Do from one of the breweries that supplied beer to our club. (United Services). We ended up well tanked up that day.

That was a great game. I saw it from the north west, remember Dean Saunders putting us 3 2 up and Chris Cattlin dancing along the touchline...went a bit quiet when they equalised tho...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was a great game. I saw it from the north west, remember Dean Saunders putting us 3 2 up and Chris Cattlin dancing along the touchline...went a bit quiet when they equalised tho...

That's the one! :thumbsup:

CC was a good manager.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A few times yes. It seemed impressive and important at the time. Never went in the south or the east (except when we broke in at half time during the boycott).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here