Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we sign lua lua to sit it out on the bench???

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
I really am surprised with all the hype around lua lua in the summer to sign him he continues to start on the bench??? he's premiership quality, fast and unleashes a powerful shot!!! why does he not start more regularly with the way results are going....very surprised, we get him on loan and don't use him enough....yea we got noone but they switch wings so why can't they both start regularly.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I really am surprised with all the hype around lua lua in the summer to sign him he continues to start on the bench??? he's premiership quality, fast and unleashes a powerful shot!!! why does he not start more regularly with the way results are going....very surprised, we get him on loan and don't use him enough....yea we got noone but they switch wings so why can't they both start regularly.

Have you heard of Craig Noone?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

Just re-read you post, ignore my earlier response :lolol:

Oct 25, 2003
we haven't played particularly well when lualua and noone have started together......plus noone has been playing better and has therefore played more

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
to be fair he has not been that great this season. I don't think we will buy him in Jan. Not for the price Fat Ash would want anyway

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's mainly because we like to play 1 winger and 3 centre mids with one covering the wing a little and Barnes covering the other wing a little - it's been very effective in league 1... KLL looks a little off the pace and not his old self YET - we all know how good he is though, we must give him more time. Disappointing he wasn't in squad Sat - I presume another victim of the 5 sub rule - stupid!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
He seems a bit off the pace when he comes on. Gus has identified the issue today with the need for some 'steel' at the back.

It would also help if Mr Ankergren would stop dropping to his knees when somebody kicks a football at him.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Its possibly because we are defensively fragile especially on the left and Lua Lua brings absolutely nothing to protect Painter.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I think hes been poor since the start of the season.

Agreed. Yes he can generally beat his man with his electrifying pace, but so far this season he's offered little else. His crossing has been average and he often gets knocked off the ball. What's more I don't think he's made more than a handful of (attempted) tackles. He's some way short of the potential we saw last season.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Has he really been that ineffective? The majority of the time he beats his man/or gets a foul awarded due to his fantastic turn of pace - agree he ain't been great defending and I would assume thats he reason why he's not starting.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think Poyet would love to start with Lualua but simply hasn't been able to because of Noone's form. As a result he appears to be sulking a bit and somewhat off the pace. I still think he has a lot to offer personally. Maybe he will be another Paul Brooker, poor up until xmas then superb in the second half of the season. I dare say Lualua's form will pick up as we get closer to January.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
KLL not been the same since his injury imo

Is it any surprise? The kid is 20 years old and has just come back from breaking his leg. He's had half an hour here, twenty minutes there, and people expect him to be at that same level he was last year already, while playing in a higher division! Give the guy a chance!

It's lucky half the people on here aren't football Managers or no player would ever get the chance to develop into anything approaching half decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here