Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we sign lua lua to sit it out on the bench???

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He had the luxury of lesser defenders last year, being an unknown force, and having Bennett work his socks off on the other wing when both were selected for home games. He could afford to lounge and await the long pass for him to tear away with. This year it's not that. He's got the skill, undoubtedly, but as a unit we can afford to have a completely rogue element at the minute. We either bring someone in who dominates the midfield and allows us that wide flairite of thunder, or KLL looks to put more effort into working as part of the machine - gentle touches and making space for each other and battling back once you've lost the ball. he has to fight for his place, just like everyone else.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Is it any surprise? The kid is 20 years old and has just come back from breaking his leg. He's had half an hour here, twenty minutes there, and people expect him to be at that same level he was last year already, while playing in a higher division! Give the guy a chance!

It's lucky half the people on here aren't football Managers or no player would ever get the chance to develop into anything approaching half decent.

^^^^^this

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This season i have been to every game,thanks for asking.Season before i thinked i missed one of the last 16 games,and you?

Congratulations. But if you read it again, you'll find that it was the Palace fan I was asking, not you.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I really am surprised with all the hype around lua lua in the summer to sign him he continues to start on the bench??? he's premiership quality, fast and unleashes a powerful shot!!! why does he not start more regularly with the way results are going....very surprised, we get him on loan and don't use him enough....yea we got noone but they switch wings so why can't they both start regularly.

Yes he signed up to do as he is told by the Manager ,no he is not prem quality

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ok lets get something straight...lua lua did not start every game of his last loan spell with us- Charlton away is proof of this.

However, the problem i think this season is that a player like Kaz has to be given the ball in a position where he can use his pace and not with his back to the goal and the only two times he's had this so far this season was against Spurs and then against Leeds in the second half.

Paul Clarke hit the nail on the head on Saturday in that our build up play is too slow for the championship and we need to be moving it alot quicker to draw in the oppositions teams midfielders and full backs and this will create more space, not only for Kaz but also for our other attacking players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nooney has kept LuaLua out of the starting line up. With him coming on as a sub in the Championship he can be a liability when we lose possession and Painter is isolated.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He had blistering pace and then started getting hamstring problems due to it. I think this, coupled with the broken leg/ankle, has left him slightly short of the powers he had. I really do feel for the lad 'cos there's a good chance he will never get that little bit extra back to be how he was.
It's great to see him beat a full back, but I fear he won't be beating many in this division.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
he was lightning in Portugal and lively against Leicester and Leeds, the 'lost his pace' thing is bollocks.

Problem is he has to do more defending as Painter is so slow and it causes us even more problems. Doesn't help that Noone has been ridiculously good either

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its possibly because we are defensively fragile especially on the left and Lua Lua brings absolutely nothing to protect Painter.

You summed it up well.
When we get classy pacey fullbacks in January, this will solve problems all round, and forward-thinking players can make the best of their talents, rather than fire fighting in assisting the slow fullbacks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ok lets get something straight...lua lua did not start every game of his last loan spell with us- Charlton away is proof of this.

However, the problem i think this season is that a player like Kaz has to be given the ball in a position where he can use his pace and not with his back to the goal and the only two times he's had this so far this season was against Spurs and then against Leeds in the second half.

Paul Clarke hit the nail on the head on Saturday in that our build up play is too slow for the championship and we need to be moving it alot quicker to draw in the oppositions teams midfielders and full backs and this will create more space, not only for Kaz but also for our other attacking players.

Heard all that. Paul Clarke was brutally honest about Calderon's poor performance too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here