Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did the idea of buying tickets on the day ever come off?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There was talk that you could buy tickets on the day at the station or booths away from the ground.

just thinking about saturday's FA cup game where people may want to pay on the day.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Each games been sold out so far, so no need for that option. With 18k sth too, its probably not going to required for some time.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
There was talk that you could buy tickets on the day at the station or booths away from the ground.

just thinking about saturday's FA cup game where people may want to pay on the day.

just another pipe dream of the clubs - although the high interest in season tickets rendered it pretty pointless anyway

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Each games been sold out so far, so no need for that option. With 18k sth too, its probably not going to required for some time.

STH's a lot less relevant for cup games - well 3rd round v Wrexham anyway - 10% don't show up for league games assume another 10% min won't go to this and you're up to another 4000 avail Saturday

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I see no reason why the facility of pay on the day cannot be implemented if capacity is raised to 27/28k in the summer. There is ample space for a sales area and we wont be selling out each and every match. Nothing in the planning applications concerning this, is there ?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
The plan as I understood it, was dependent on EVERYONE (not just ST holders) having a smartcard that could be loaded with the "ticket". Last I read, the smartcard for everyone idea was still someway in the future

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I see no reason why the facility of pay on the day cannot be implemented if capacity is raised to 27/28k in the summer. There is ample space for a sales area and we wont be selling out each and every match. Nothing in the planning applications concerning this, is there ?

You cannot pay on the gate if by that you mean slapping cash down in a turnstile in he old fashioned way.

If we did impliment a "pay on the day" you would have to go a seperate booth outside the concourse and purchase a ticket, and then present that at the turnstile

And as we are currently running a very high proportion of season tickets (roughly about 80% of capacity) this is not a pressing problem for the club. any expansion would have to fit in with the requirements of the The Sports Grounds Safety Authority (peplacemnt of the Football Licensing Authority), the Police, the Football League, the Football association

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
from the ticket office?

yes, but not for the game that is about to take place (if I read the club website properly)

So if we playing Felchester Rovers on Jan 5 and Clappedout Pissartists on jan 11, from jan 5 the club cannot sell you tickets for Felchester game but can for the ClappedOut Pisartists match

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You cannot pay on the gate if by that you mean slapping cash down in a turnstile in he old fashioned way.

If we did impliment a "pay on the day" you would have to go a seperate booth outside the concourse and purchase a ticket, and then present that at the turnstile

But that was exactly my point...which was, did this ever take off? you then answered by saying you can pay on the day in theory etc etc....and then you say you can only do this for games in the future.

thanks for your very incisive and clear views

what part of the government are you in again? Ministry for rediculously misleading answers to genuine questions?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So should I decide on Saturday lunch time that I wanted to go to the Wrexham game (good chance I will) I couldn't just turn up and buy a ticket even if the game isn't sold out (which I doubt it will be)?

If so that is bonkers!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

And as we are currently running a very high proportion of season tickets (roughly about 80% of capacity) this is not a pressing problem for the club. any expansion would have to fit in with the requirements of the The Sports Grounds Safety Authority (peplacemnt of the Football Licensing Authority), the Police, the Football League, the Football association

I`m taking it that other clubs operate a scheme where you can just turn up, buy a ticket from a member of staff and then proceed to a turn style and enter the ground ffs. No agency can complain if you run the scheme according to the same rules. (what rules could you possibly need I hear you cry)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You can buy them at the Queens Road shop on the day of the game, can't you?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You can buy them at the Queens Road shop on the day of the game, can't you?

Only up until 12 by the sounds of things. Which seems daft to me. Say you play football on a Saturday afternoon and at 1pm your game gets called off so you are at a loose end. You think you'll nip along to the Albion but it's impossible to get a ticket even though there are empty seats. Can't understand the clubs logic here?!?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So should I decide on Saturday lunch time that I wanted to go to the Wrexham game (good chance I will) I couldn't just turn up and buy a ticket even if the game isn't sold out (which I doubt it will be)?

If so that is bonkers!

See what Edna said, you'll be just fine, assuming it hasn't sold out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought I read earlier you could buy them at Queens Road up until 3pm on the day of a game, could be wrong though...stand by...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here