Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

did Sir Lewis Hamiltin get a champions ceromony?

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
only saw the race winners on the podium, then the ITV presenters lovefest with McLaren hangers on.. but nothing seen of Lewis getting a trophy for winning the championship?

or was everyone too wankered to care, by then..?:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::thumbsup:

I also am awaiting to see if there was any presentation for Lewis Hamilton after the race and am still checking sport web sites.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably decided against it as those wanky Brazilian fans spent most of the time booing after the race finished, Massa couldn't find it in himself to congratulate Lewis and all in all Brazil has been shown up to be one of the most unsporting countries in the world. Tossers

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I'd imagine it to be when he returns here with his dad and Nicole.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Or home.

In Switzerland.

I was going to say home but then realised he'd moved.

I'd expect him to be living in the States quite soon, although he'll be back here shortly to do all the tv stuff etc.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Probably decided against it as those wanky Brazilian fans spent most of the time booing after the race finished, Massa couldn't find it in himself to congratulate Lewis and all in all Brazil has been shown up to be one of the most unsporting countries in the world. Tossers

Felipe Massa: "It was an exciting day. We did everything to perfection and we almost managed to pull it off. Then, as I crossed the line, Rob told me that Hamilton had finished fifth and therefore he took the title by one point. Sport is like this and one has to accept that.

"Congratulations to Lewis: whoever gets the most points deserves the title. I am very proud of the whole team and how much support they have given me during this fantastic season. Now we must be happy with what have done, namely bringing home the Constructors' title which I know is so important for the team.

"It was a season of highs and lows and we have learned a lot, from the good moments and from our mistakes. I can leave Interlagos with my head held high because once again I have won in front of my home crowd and because this is an unforgettable day. Now I want to celebrate with my family, my friends and my team. We deserve it!"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not having a presentation is a bit disrespectful to Lewis though isn't it. It would be akin to spelling his name wrong in the thread title.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cant see why Lewis would want to live in the US, a majority of F1 races are in Europe of which he currently lives slap bang in the middle. His team are based in the UK of which he is a short flight away, come 2010 there probably wont be any North American F1 races anyway as ecclestone wants rid of the Montreal GP :angry: so again...no point living there!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is no title winners trophy or medal in Formula One according to Radio 1 earlier?!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think I've ever seen the winner given a trophy at the end though. Just thinking back to last year, Raikkonen was on the podium as he won the race, and he had a trophy for that obviously, but I don't recall any championship medal.

i dont recall there EVER being one given out - which would suggest that there is not actually anything they get presented with

still, it is another good story for some people to beat the fia/ferrari with :jester:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I'd expect him to be living in the States quite soon, although he'll be back here shortly to do all the tv stuff etc.

nonsense - f1 in north america is going to be virtually extinct in a few years, he'd be miles away from his employers and family, and he would be miss out on the tax situation to attracts virtually all the top f1 drivers to switzerland in the first place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here