Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Hoile's report help us?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Hoile may have done us a favour by making his main objection to the local plan the availability of better sites than Falmer. Hoile didn't seem to be the most informed or attentive of planning inspectors and I don't think he grasped the unique nature of the application. He even admitted missing several days of the inquiry which may have been relevant !

After reading his findings the fans and the club united behind Falmer and really raised the profile of the application. This put the spotlight firmly on JP and made it seem more personal. The second inspector was always going to come to a similar conclusion after Hoiles local plan report so going after JP was vital.

I've no doubt Falmer will be found to be the best site. The criteria seems to favour us and from what the club/council have told us in the past there seem to be clear and obvious reasons why the other sites are not viable. I think JP's laid the ball across the goalmouth for us to whack it in.

After agreeing on the need for the stadium it would be scandalous if ODPM was to say no to Falmer when no other site is found suitable.

I will be near 100% confident this is good news If someone can tell why the new inquiry now means a Judicial Review is unlikely ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Planning guy at Lewes Council (Jack summat) is not convinced that this re opening of the Inquiry will eliminate all chance of a judicial review.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
I will be near 100% confident this is good news If someone can tell why the new inquiry now means a Judicial Review is unlikely ? [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, what's to stop someone from asking for a Judicial review in a few months time if all the other alternative sites are rejected and Prescott says ok ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here