Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Harty seem a bit unbiased towards Knight?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Usually he sticks up for him however tonight he was stirring up talk of a fans phone in to ask questions and asking for answers. Finally Harty has seen what a mess Dick has made. He even at one stage, i think said "knight has had it easy in comparison" Is Harty back?

Over the years I think you'll find that Harty has frequently come under fire from Dick for his opinions (eg. that Falmer was not the best site etc etc). He is by no means an unconditional supporter of DK.

Over the years I think you'll find that Harty has frequently come under fire from Dick for his opinions (eg. that Falmer was not the best site etc etc). He is by no means an unconditional supporter of DK.

Yeah but particularly this season he has criticized people for slagging off Knight and after that i think he has turned a corner. Perhaps he is seething with anger that Adams has been sacked (although it was a while back) and just thinks the hole season is a sham.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
and just thinks the hole season is a sham.

Well he'd be right. But, that doesn't mean he's pissed off with Knight. Much as people would like to think, Knight is not responsible for the on-pitch performances, only the people that drive them.

It's not important what Harty thinks, he's just a host on a two-bit radio show, his opinion of little importance quite honestly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It seems to me that until this past week or two, Harty has been ignoring the realities of this season. In his optimist way, he has been keeping the faith, having absolute belief that Micky, "needs time to build his own team", then "just needs one win", then "just needs to be given until the end of the season" etc. He has ignored the results and the table along the way "don't say the R word", "no one is too good to go down, but surely we won't go down".

Then saturday he seemed to realise what is going on and is now talking about how "relegation has come out of nowhere" or how we "suddenly" find ourself in this position.

I think now that he is understanding how dire the season has been, he is angered by it, and is ready to put this anger in the direction of Knight/the board.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
He did vote 'yes' in the poll that asked 'Should Knight step down if MA is sacked?'

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Last Monday... Don't think it's actually any more local though :(

Sounds better.

I thought when DK was on roar he seemed more relaxed and open. He must have thought about this choice of mouth piece and either been afraid or peed off with Harty. Last time he arrived on air for Harty's show with about 7 minutes to spare, not a great deal of time to get in a serious interview.

What worked with the roar interview is over that length of time it is harder to avoid questions and spin things so you get a better impression of what going on. Also their is less pressure on roar, where as Harty in some way needs to get a quote or debate going much quicker due to the show being a phone in.

Its good to have two shows dedicated to our club.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Knight went on roar because it was an easier thing for him to do. If he was on Harty show he would have had to answer some undesireable questions. He's a coward.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Knight went on roar because it was an easier thing for him to do. If he was on Harty show he would have had to answer some undesireable questions. He's a coward.

You can accuse Knight of many things with some justification. Lack of judgement in firing Wilkins? Maybe. Excessive influence on on-pitch matters? Perhaps. Limited personal resources to take the club forward? OK. But to call him a coward is just b*llocks.

You can accuse Knight of many things with some justification. Lack of judgement in firing Wilkins? Maybe. Excessive influence on on-pitch matters? Perhaps. Limited personal resources to take the club forward? OK. But to call him a coward is just b*llocks.

I think this season he has been a coward in not coming out and explaining the goings on. People will continue to blame him as there is nobody there to turn to. If he came out, told the truth and percentages of who wanted Wilkins sacked then i would be very happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here