And The Times says he's first choice today :censored: :censored: :censored:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
They didn't have a big enough bar:drink:

bromleygull

Aug 8, 2003
lancing
history proves that sc shows loyalty, but if he does go, thats football and it happens all the time. i am not worried if sc does go as i trust dk to appoint another quality manager. all we can do is show how mach we appriciate sc sat.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sky Sports today were reporting that they [Reading] had approached Hull for Taylor but Taylor said he was happy where he was.

And the search goes on...

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
tayklor turned down reading because it would be a challenge and he doesn't like a challenge prefer to float along i the lower leagues on sure things. Tosser

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Peter Taylor is a crap manager who could only do well with the u-21s as he had players handed to him on a plate, he did well with us as he inherited a good side and now he's at hull buying second division players with their money and doing okay in the third divion. He is not a 'manager' at all.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Peter Taylor is a crap manager who could only do well with the u-21s as he had players handed to him on a plate, he did well with us as he inherited a good side and now he's at hull buying second division players with their money and doing okay in the third divion. He is not a 'manager' at all.

I agree. Well said

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
whatever happen , please don't let us get stuck with pieceofwood again dk!

Stumpy Tim

ChapmansThe Saviour said:

Can't agree with that CTS. Okay, he cocked up at Leicester but he took Gillingham up, took us up (as champions) & is now 2nd in the league with Hull. Many managers have had money & delivered nothing in the past - Taylor has delivered so far.

And he had a 100% record with the U21's - much better than that Platt idiot. Personally I think Taylor is more of a coach than a manager, but he has done well with most clubs he's been at as a manager.

SC won't leave us - I think he's too loyal a person to do that

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Well at least he wasn't vain enough to come an 'do it his way' and change something that was working well already.

I would have him back if SC left for any reason.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
Can't agree with that CTS. Okay, he cocked up at Leicester but he took Gillingham up, took us up (as champions) & is now 2nd in the league with Hull. Many managers have had money & delivered nothing in the past - Taylor has delivered so far.

And he had a 100% record with the U21's - much better than that Platt idiot. Personally I think Taylor is more of a coach than a manager, but he has done well with most clubs he's been at as a manager.

SC won't leave us - I think he's too loyal a person to do that

Possibly, he left us because he didn't have any money, this is not the sign of a 'manager' who should 'manage'. Maybe he is a better coach.

His u-21s were a better team than the u21 team now (although platt is ballsing that job right up).
He took us up? Yes but that was Adams' team, i don't really think Taylor had much to do with that.
Gillingham - fair point, he did pretty good there.
Now at Hull, the fans don't like him, he is only second because of the money he has been given IMHO, he's spent a lot more than anyone else in that division.

Thinking about it you're probably right, he's better off as a coach, no responsibility then is there?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i think coppell will be loyal to us! after seeing how reading are dirty first hand, having sidwell and rougier snatched from us!

Isnt there any other teams reading can poach managers from? im glad pardew stiched them up, what comes around goes around!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Taylor was in pretty much the same situation at Gillingham as us. He arrived when they had narrowly missed out on promotion under their previous manager, and inherited a team who'd just lost in the play off final and were itching to prove themselves deserving of a place at a higher level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here