Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone hear the Phone In last night ???

D

Deleted User X18H

...I missed most of it !!

I imagine it was Adams out and bring Hawkins tastic!!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I did call up but wasn't able to hear the entire show I was patched straight through to Harty !!!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
A bit sad really listening to all the deluded idiots who think we are still in with a chance of the playoffs etc including Harty who reckons one good result will turn things around. The trouble is we had 2 good results a month ago and they did absolutely ZIP as we went straight back to square 1 after them.

Spot on Ernest.

Let's face it, we're a sinking ship this season...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A bit sad really listening to all the deluded idiots who think we are still in with a chance of the playoffs etc including Harty who reckons one good result will turn things around. The trouble is we had 2 good results a month ago and they did absolutely ZIP as we went straight back to square 1 after them.

EXACTLY! Wake up and smell the coffee Ian. Whether he likes to hear it or not, we ARE in a relegation scrap at the moment. Won't necessarily stay that way all season, but it's teams who think "nah, we're not going down" that end up getting sucked into it and panic.

1 good result? As you rightly say Ernest, we had TWO, back-to-back and they were great results, but that hasn't turned our season around at all. It's just shown how good our squad can be, and therefore just how far we are underperforming most of the time.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Spot on Ernest.

Let's face it, we're a sinking ship this season...

I like that, should we now be called Brighton & Hove Titanic FC.

What I am surprised about is that no one has mentioned the last caller by the name of Phill. He claimed he was talking to an executive of the club yesterday and he told Phill that a very large amount of money was going to be spent in the transfer window. I wonder what is a large amount for the Albion these days?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The sight of MA shafting DW in the back of a ford mondeo may put people off coming to withdean though! then again why not,will make for a good post match interview :lolol:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

don't forget the man city game that he was raving about. THAT was supposed to kick start our season too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there nobody reading this who can see wood from the trees. We played well against Huddersfield and with a little luck could have won 3 or 4 - 1 and everybody would say we may have turned the corner. A good result against Stockport and /or Oldham and the season will begin to start looking better plus a home game against AFC Dons who are 2nd. What has happened when we have played teams at the top of the division?

The critisicm levelled against Johnson is valid because that has happened whenever we have signed a player from a higher division in the history of this club. We have always brought them down to our standard very quickly.

Its more obvious now because we do not have a 1st team coach that is where our priority should lie in recruiting somebody to fill that vacancy that Dean Wilkins didnt want, if we are to climb the table.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I like that, should we now be called Brighton & Hove Titanic FC.

What I am surprised about is that no one has mentioned the last caller by the name of Phill. He claimed he was talking to an executive of the club yesterday and he told Phill that a very large amount of money was going to be spent in the transfer window. I wonder what is a large amount for the Albion these days?

That was me, and that is pretty much what was said. The indication was that the loan players would be going back, and that we would be signing permanent players, and that a lot of money will be avaialble. No idea what "a lot" is though, the person I was talking to wasn't saying. Still, could be something to look forward to.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
I usually think Harty talks sense but he is letting himself down with this blind hero worship of Adams, everyone can see that this is turning into a massive disaster so why not admit it ?

Because Adams likes Ian and gives him the time of day, whereas other managers have kept their distance from him, so that keeps Harty loyal .I am not saying they have disliked him though ,but Ian does like to cosy up to certain people.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Because Adams likes Ian and gives him the time of day, whereas other managers have kept their distance from him, so that keeps Harty loyal .I am not saying they have disliked him though ,but Ian does like to cosy up to certain people.

Harty sees dead people

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Is there nobody reading this who can see wood from the trees. We played well against Huddersfield and with a little luck could have won 3 or 4 - 1 and everybody would say we may have turned the corner. A good result against Stockport and /or Oldham and the season will begin to start looking better plus a home game against AFC Dons who are 2nd. What has happened when we have played teams at the top of the division?

The critisicm levelled against Johnson is valid because that has happened whenever we have signed a player from a higher division in the history of this club. We have always brought them down to our standard very quickly.

Its more obvious now because we do not have a 1st team coach that is where our priority should lie in recruiting somebody to fill that vacancy that Dean Wilkins didnt want, if we are to climb the table.

4 -1 are you serious, did you miss the 2 or 3 chances Hudds had? It was two faily equal teams, they were a bit stronger and better organised.

Do you realy think Wilkins should have taken the coaches job? He would be a very weak man and have little respect for himself if he had done.

Do you realy think Wilkins should have taken the coaches job? He would be a very weak man and have little respect for himself if he had done.

I think BG's point is that Dean Wilkins declined the job of Head/First Team Coach back in June and no-one has been recruited for this role since.
Dean White remains in the same postition (Assistant Manager) that he had when DW was manager and Bob Booker was recruited to replace Ian Chapman who left in May.
Whether Dean Wilkins should have taken the job is entirely a matter for him.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I usually think Harty talks sense but he is letting himself down with this blind hero worship of Adams, everyone can see that this is turning into a massive disaster so why not admit it ?

maybe because he is reluctant to slag off the club and lose his seagulls world gig?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Will the MOAN IN be on tonight?

been a busy weekend, so there is f*** all preparation gone into it

hence, it will unfortunately not be. but there is the potential for the next moan in to have an EXCLUSIVE interview with an albion playing LEGEND. unfortunately, i cannot reveal anymore than that at this time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here