Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicks Bar

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I think he may have been on about the old guy and grandson for not knowing about the "no kids on matchdays" rule at Dick's

Ahhhh.........and probably right actually.

The old man was about 70 and was wearing trackies. Green ones with little thigh pockets.

Now i'm no fashion expert i'll admit but there more than a few double takes i can tell you...........

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ah yes - hence the queues ???

Have to admit I'm very happy with the service in ESL - no queues and happy to sit in my seat with a pie and a coffee and just gaze around and soak up the atmosphere pre-match.

We were thinking about trying the east stand brasserie before the Cardiff game but went to Nandos instead. Maybe before the Sheffield game :lol:

There's a Nandos at the Amex? Blimey, they've thought of everything for the players! Won't be seeing them down the Marina so much now then...

D

Deleted member 2719

The club/Azure could do worse than to learn a lesson from the Swan - wander OUT of the 1901 lounges - over the road and see how proper service is provided at sensible prices.

Queue on Saturday at the Swan was around 20 people in front of me when I arrived and I was served in around 5 mins. You can queue twice that time at the Amex with 2 people in front of you.

They are lucky there aren't lots of Swans nearby or a lot more people mught be spending their money elsewhere.

That's convinced me, Swan for the rest of the season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It never fails to amaze me how many people at the Amex are perfectly happy to stand docile in a substantial queue.
Good luck with that then :wave:

Once you've got past the queue to get in it is generally quicker to get served. Some seating as well.

However with the excellent facilities in the new ESU this season we have decided to give Dick's a miss in the future.

Isn't that the slogan for this years pride parade ?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Saturday waited 15 minutes for a pint in Dicks Bar before the game and about 10 minutes for a coffee in the WSL at half time. Only three serving in Dicks bar, bless Gully tired to help out but he couldn't get his feet round the glass.

I think this is my only complaint about the ground the time spent waiting for refreshments and toilets. Reduce the queues and the punters will spend more money and not feel the need to go to The Swan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here