Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicks Bar

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Shame they seem to have stopped the live bands after home games.

Certainly not as many people staying as a result, hopefully that will change in the near future.

P.S - 2 people serving after the game ? Surely this could be improved.

Over and out. Whinging bastard :wink:

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
An old boy and his grandson were up the Swan. Apparently turned away with the Steward saying that no kids are allowed in Dicks Bar.
I had my 2 boys with me and we go to the Swan anyway as its just better all round I reckon (decent hotdogs and beer) but, if I had wanted to take them in Dicks I'd be pretty pissed off if I was told I couldn't!!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
You never have been able to take kids in Dicks on match days - doesn't bother me to be honest but I find it strange that I can have a drink on the North concourse after the game with her? I don't understand their logic for this?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Yeah I must admit I've never really thought about taking them there anyway. It's better at the Swan especially if the weather is nice but yes it is a strange decision. Especially as we can take them to the North Stand after the game. What's their logic?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
2 people serving after the game ? Surely this could be improved.

Don't worry, they'll now have read it on NSC, so expect improvement next time. As Bozza said somewhere on here the other day, NSC: designing the club's services, one step at a time. It's the next best thing to them having a bit of common sense in the first place.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I can understand them wanting a kid free zone - but when you get to the ground early and it's freezing cold and starting to rain and the concourse isn't open - the kids can't go inside anywhere. We had the dilemma last season of her desperately needing a wee!!! Luckily the guy on the door at the 1901 east let me take her in there and saved the day x

I've seen kids wandering around outside whilst their dad's have gone in Dick's and watched them from the window!!!

There are a lot of youngsters going to the footie now with their parents and relatives and as season ticket holders they should be able to go somewhere in the warm before the match and have a drink and a wee? But maybe I'm wrong?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
The reason kids aren't allowed in Dicks is because of the numbers restriction which I believe is 200, they want 200 beer drinkers and not kids drinking half a coke, so basically its ask down to wanting to maximise their profit.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
The reason kids aren't allowed in Dicks is because of the numbers restriction which I believe is 200, they want 200 beer drinkers and not kids drinking half a coke, so basically its ask down to wanting to maximise their profit.

Ok never thought of it like this x

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

I would guess the profit margin on 1/2 a coke is more than 2 pints.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Actually I can understand at least one kid free zone to be honest.
Witness the bored kids constantly kicking bottles around and playing tag around the drinkers in the concourses after matches

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Shouldnt allow women or kids in any of the bars.....women should be at home doing the housework and kids either doing there homework or helping mum out.......

Are you advocating the banning of women and children from the Amex in general?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Are you advocating the banning of women and children from the Amex in general?

Of course not I am sure he only meant during matches. Need to allow women in afterwards to clear up.:dunce:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Never been in Dick's Bar - we are only in Brighton on match days and there has always been a queue so I guess they must be doing something right. Is it any good? What does it have to commend it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here