Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick's Bar - 12 Midday - Saturday.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I was outside waiting for the Forum and was told that they weren't at capacity so I was welcome to pop in. So I did.

The mosaic looks absolutely SUPERB! I will have to pop in at a non-busy time to try to find my pictures on there as I failed this time.

Well done to Warren and Tim, bloody brilliant work!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Had a lovely time in Dick's Bar. The decor makes you wonder what time your flight is leaving.

The Harvey's was well kept. Paid by card over the bar - you can pay by cash or e-cash. Pies to be served there too, we're told.

Spoke to Ken Brown who said - he was about to show me a bank of figures - that the amount of beer drunk per person at the Eastbourne Borough game far outstrips beer sales at all other grounds.

'How full do you think Dick's Bar will get on match days?', he asked. 'Full', came the suggested reply, '... especially post-match.' I think that they're finally seeing another cash-cow come their way.

I didn't attend the Fans' Forum, but did go into the Bupa Lounge bar afterwards, and drunk the bottled 'Albion Ale' - a bit sweeter than the Best, I thought. Martin Perry was also impressed by the amount of beer drunk. He is throwing down the challenge to see if we can drink the stadium dry after each home match. His words (tongue-in-cheek) - not mine.

We had a great time there last night.

My wife and I had just popped over to have a look around the shop, but got there too late and it was shut. So happened to chat to the stewards outside the bar, mentioned I cant wait till its actually open so I can see the mosaic, to which the reply was 'well it opens in 5 minutes if you wanna hang around, then you can go look, but its not officially open for a few days', so we did, and it is amazing.

Still did not realise it was an official opening till lots of suits arrived, and then bumped into Gripper/Warren who confirmed it was the official opening, so maybe someone needs to tell the stewards LOL.

Took a few pics, one with Dick, one with Tony Bloom, and one with Charlie Oatway!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I wish the club would make its mind up. According to the latest press release, it's open from 1pm on Saturday.

It seems that if you ask 10 people at the club for a piece of information - especially about this bar - you'll get 10 different answers.

f*** it - I'm turning up at midday, if not before.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I wish the club would make its mind up. According to the latest press release, it's open from 1pm on Saturday.

It seems that if you ask 10 people at the club for a piece of information - especially about this bar - you'll get 10 different answers.

f*** it - I'm turning up at midday, if not before.

Do you know what I f***ing HATE left and right hand not knowing what the other is doing.

Just for ONCE I would like CONSISTENT information. f*** me are they taking lessons from the railways or something?

SAKE.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The communication about this doesn't seem very good. I presume the official VIP opening was by invite only, but you'd think it would be open today in that case.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
From club site just now
Meanwhile Dick's Bar, located next to the Seagulls Superstore, can cater for up to 200 fans. It will be open from 1pm serving a range of drinks and snacks, including soups, salads, pies, sandwiches and cakes, but please note entry is to match-ticket holders only on a first-come first-served basis.
Guess its open at 1 then?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It was indeed open today but the grey doors to the bar were not open, I went to ask the lady at reception and she said 'Yes, just go up the stairs'. They certainly were not advertising the fact it was open and had I not asked then you really would have no idea.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I was there yesterday and was told about the opening event in the evening but as I was not on the guest list I didn't hang around to try my luck.

Had to go to the stadium AGAIN today and it looked decidedly closed, with the previously unlabelled grey doors shut. But I must admit I didn't try my luck at reception so perhaps it was technically open, just not very obviously.

I'd really like to have a pre, and possibly post match drink in there on Saturday but I worry that the chances of actually getting in are slimmer than posh spice. For a start there seems to be confusion over its opening time and if I were to get there at 12pm only to find it wasn't going to open for another hour I'd be really macked off. Although I rather suspect a queue would be brewing by then and you'd have the choice of joining it or waiting around in the club shop and entering the stadium at 1 when it officially opens.

I guess if you don't get in you can always mill about with a pint and a pie on the concourses, and there are certainly worse ways of spending your pre match time. I'm assuming lots of people will be arriving early so the concourses will be pretty lively soon after opening time.

What time do we think the first person to be queuing for Dick's will be getting there? Friday night?

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
It was indeed open today but the grey doors to the bar were not open, I went to ask the lady at reception and she said 'Yes, just go up the stairs'. They certainly were not advertising the fact it was open and had I not asked then you really would have no idea.

Just got home from having 2 pints of Harveys at Dicks to post exactly this. Grey doors all shut up and being excited and a bit bolder than usual walked into an unmanned reception, up the stairs and found my way into the bar. It was empty and the girl behind the bar said they are supposed to close at 8 but if there's no punters will close early.

My massive question mark is why have a bar open and staffed if ur not going to advertise it. Now before I get told to stop moaning, I love the club, stadium, the struggle, the teething problems. But, surely it's not rocket science that by unlocking the doors to a bar, you'll get more customers. I'm not thinking anything over the top like an open sign outside the bar or a come and drink from dicks...bar, we're open for business sign on the A27 or Falmer road. Just unlock the bloody doors, put some music or SSN on the TV's and make some money! (rant over!)

Speaking the the bar girl she has confirmed the dicks will be open 2 hrs before and after games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1pm doesn't make sense, does it?

Open earlier and they'll start making money earlier.

Additionally the lunchtime live TV games tend to kick off earlier than 1. The August 6th game kicks off at 12:45 - why not let people in, get a drink and get settled if they want to watch the game?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Keep being told different things, I'll just go and wait there at 12 and see what happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here