Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker and Harley - the new Xavi and Iniesta?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think these two could forge a really strong creative midfield partnership - or will they never play alongside each other because they are too similar? or am I thinking nonsense?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would think it would be them 2 with Bridders and Nooney.Hope so anyway.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
yes that's right... Gary Dicker and Ryan Harley.. two players in the 2nd tier of english football are the new Xavi and iniesta..

Forget the world cups they won or champions league trophies or anything else.

These two are clearly the new best midfield partnership the world will ever see in the next 5 years and they are going to be playing for Brighton and Hove Albion in the 2nd tier of english football

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
yes that's right... Gary Dicker and Ryan Harley.. two players in the 2nd tier of english football are the new Xavi and iniesta..

These two are clearly the new best midfield partnership the world will ever see in the next 5 years and they are going to be playing for Brighton and Hove Albion in the 2nd tier of english football

Crikey, stressful morning?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Bet you're a BLAST at parties.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Spot-on there Mr Chariot. Sadly I can see an imminent 11th hour mega-bid coming in for our 'dynamic duo' from Real Madrid & thus a widespread display of public grief in the streets of Brighton & Hove. All I can say is that we'd best get on the Valium early doors to soften off those inevitable raw edges. Black armbands & a dreadful silences all round. :down:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Well if we already have the Championship Tevez up front, we might aswell have the Championship Xavi & Iniesta aswell. Would mean that Buckley becomes the Championship Ronaldo too I suppose.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think they could play well together but I also think that one of them will need to be sacrificed from time to time tactically in order to counteract opposing sides with a strong attacking midfield line-up. For example, Cardiff recently had Cowie, Conway, Whittingham and Mason as a pretty creatively-minded midfield element which had to be nullified to allow us to play our game. We brought Sparrow back and Vincelot to play with Bridcutt and although on the face of it this was less attacking, it enabled us to break them down before they got too far beyond the halfway line and to my mind won us the game.

Home or away it's important to consider how the opposition are going to play and it is certainly going to be interesting to see how Gus plans to nullify Boyd and McCann on Saturday. I don't think we will be going gung-ho to attack at all costs.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I think these two could forge a really strong creative midfield partnership - or will they never play alongside each other because they are too similar? or am I thinking nonsense?

and Noone would be the new Messi l if he could score goals!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
At home i can see them playing together, away or against top sides like against sunderland i can see Navarro and Sparrow getting more game time

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What a ridiculous comparison. Everyone knows Xavi and Iniesta couldn't hack the pace of the English Championship.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What a ridiculous comparison. Everyone knows Xavi and Iniesta couldn't hack the pace of the English Championship.

Exactly. Its like Andy Gray inferring that because Messi hasnt played in a MNF game away at Bolton in January he is not all that. Like that really is the pinnacle of your career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here