Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight: 10 years on and look at the mess

William Chops

Feb 3, 2007
Look at the mess the club is in after 10 years of the Knight regime.

Dwindling gates, overt player rancour, millions in debt, divided fans, part-time coach (Chapman), no proper ground (Knight promised Falmer within 5 years!) and a 'squad' of amateurs, schoolboys and clowns.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yet another troll :rolleyes:

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
William Chops said:

Dwindling gates, overt player rancour, millions in debt, divided fans, part-time coach (Chapman), no proper ground (Knight promised Falmer within 5 years!) and a 'squad' of amateurs, schoolboys and clowns.

baa

off to your paddock sheep.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
William Chops said:

Are you son of Ernest by any chance?

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
What a load of sh1t.

DK is doing a fine job under difficult circumstances.

imagine if someone came in and sold us to another area, like what happened to wimbledon.

Be happy, we're still afloat and haven't been relegated.

DK :clap: :clap:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
William Chops said:

Are you really Tom Carr, late Burgomeister of Falmer PC, posting from beyond the grave?

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Albion Dan said:
I know the circumstances are difficult but a "fine" job is a massive overstatement.

Well the managers he's brought in have generally been class acts who have gone on to better things, or come from big clubs.

We're not bankrupt, Falmer is likely to get the go ahead soon, and must be a real drain on resources and DK himself. We've been in the championship and stayed there on a shoe string budget.
Look at some of the big clubs around, they're struggling as well (Leeds, etc). It's only take-overs with vast somes of money that has turned some of them round - which won't happen to us until Falmer is given the go ahead.

That sounds pretty impressive to me. So what's the alternative? What could he have done better?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Just saying the situation at the club right now isnt fine at all, this is the worst squad of players imo since Jeff Woods side at Gillingham.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
DK has done a great job, he took a team playing in Kent, brought them home to Brighton, appointed good managers and has over seen the club promoted to the 2nd highest league in the country twice whilst having to contend with petty council workers and our moaning fans. Not a bad job i would say.

And i know i should not bite but i'm bored!

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
NSC Baiting...

...I LOVE IT :jester:

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Albion Dan said:
Hes done a good job but hes made big mistakes along the way. Hinsh, Turienzo, and possibly Wilkins?

Agree with Hinsh being a mistake, also think that McGhee should have gone earlier as he was starting to argue publicly with players, or rather arguments were coming up regularly.

However,

Micky Adams
Steve Coppell - who can argue that this wasn't a brilliant, strong managerial decision. The chap we sing about regularly, being employeed as a manager.
Mark McGhee - Big name
Peter Taylor - Big name
Brian Horton - Ex Man City premiership manager

Everyones human, and I think the commitment DK has shown, and some of his decisions should make him a Seagulls god. Every Chairman in the business gets stick, but think in the situation we're in, it's all a bit unfair in this case.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Albion Dan said:
Just saying the situation at the club right now isnt fine at all, this is the worst squad of players imo since Jeff Woods side at Gillingham.

It isn't a fine position, but he's done a fine job in the circumstances. i.e. I wouldn't have a go at him at all.

The problem is that no players want to come to a team with a sh1t ground and in debt. The Falmer problem has caused us problems big time.

Still it won't be long now. As soon as building work starts, the players will come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here