Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Derek Cornelius - left-footed CB from Malmö FF

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I had a chat with an old colleague now after todays Malmö FF win. We talked a little about Yalcouye when he said Brighton are also in for Derek Cornelius. It didn't sound like he had first hand information though like he sometimes does, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Derek Cornelius is a 26-year-old Canadian centre back seeing a late breakthrough in his career after moving from Canada to Sweden. He is currently at the Copa America, where has played a key role in the Canada defence as they've surprised everyone and reached the semis of the tournament.

A little older than optimal but he is a very strong left-footed defender who certainly could play a couple of levels above Allsvenskan.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Two 1930s first names? Flair.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
You'd think that would have to be at a bargain price for the algorithms to say it was worth it. Chance that he'd thrive on a championship loan and increase his value, rather slim chance of making it to the first team.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
You'd think that would have to be at a bargain price for the algorithms to say it was worth it. Chance that he'd thrive on a championship loan and increase his value, rather slim chance of making it to the first team.
Yup. Would pretty much rule it out due to his age if it wasn't for the LCB-market looking... not thrilling.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Off to Marseille it seems... Roberto scouting on NSC?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Nothing to suggest that we actually wanted him, any rumoured interest may have always been De Zerbi led.

De Zerbi always had preferred targets. I think a disconnected between what he wanted and what we considered to be worth taking a punt on was the straw that broke the camels back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here