Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Heard a rumour (from someone who works at the club) that Bloom wants Wise as manager..

Not sure i believe it myself, But my source has been right on a few things before.

Bit harsh to sack Slade after 4 game's ???

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The rumour was flying about when MA left. Bloom wanted Wise and Poyet and DK wanted Slade, which caused a split in the boardroom and DK placing Slade in charge after winning over Bloom. But this time Bloom is our new chairman and he will not accept this start aswell as the result last night, so expect things to happen if we don't improve sharpish.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The rumour was flying about when MA left. Bloom wanted Wise and Poyet and DK wanted Slade, which caused a split in the boardroom and DK placing Slade in charge after winning over Bloom. But this time Bloom is our new chairman and he will not accept this start aswell as the result last night, so expect things to happen if we don't improve sharpish.

Why do you say this like you acctually KNOW?

Its all speculation who wanted who and lets face it, no-one on here (I doubt if even Insider knows this sort of infomation) has the slightest clue if Bloom likes Slade or if Slade is under pressure!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Why do you say this like you acctually KNOW?

Its all speculation who wanted who and lets face it, no-one on here (I doubt if even Insider knows this sort of infomation) has the slightest clue if Bloom likes Slade or if Slade is under pressure!

That was the rumour flying about, I'm not trying to suggest for one moment that I know!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
IT'S BOLLOGS I TELL YEE - WISE HAS GOT MORE CHANCE OF TAKING THE GREEN BAY PACKERS TO THE SUPERBOWL THAN TAKING CHARGE OF THIS CLUB

...although I guess technically he could take the Packers to 'the bowl' if he was driving the team bus?!?! Doh why didn't I think of that before posting!

:US::US:

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Listen, the thread starter clearly contradicts himself when he says someone at the club tells him the story BUT hes not sure he believes it.:hammer:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Just wondering, why do we hate Wisey? As fas as I know he's never slagged us off as he? I wouldn't have a problem with him coming here. However I would prefer Coppell! :jester:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Perhaps, and only just perhaps thats what we need, only with Poyet mind.Become the team everyone loves to hate, get that fighting all for one spirt, i think Wise is a bit of a thugish tosser, but he would be our thugish tosser.That said,now is NOT the time, three games is nothing and things can turn around quick, September looks a good month fixture wise and Slade should be given at least a dozen games.If we are still in shit then, then yes something may have to give.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I received a text from a mate (season ticket holder with a few Albion connections) on Monday night saying that he had heard if we didn't get a result on Tuesday night that Bloom had Wise and Poyet waiting in the wings. Apparantly he is pally with Wise and always wanted him but had no choice but to appoint Russell.

I replied saying I thought it was bollocks and to name his source but he couldn't elaborate.

I did think about posting something on here to that effect but thought I would get slaughtered for posting such an unsubstantiated rumour so left well alone.

But after last nights capitulation I have been thinking that if there is any truth in it then Slade just handed him the opportunity to make the changes on a plate!

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
A bloke came into my shop today asking what price Wise to be the next Albion manager.

I said we dont usually bet on these events untill a manager had been sacked and he seemed ok with that.

didnt look like Bloom so maybe just someone who reads stuff on here :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here