Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Denman in the Hennessy

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unbelievable performance carrying that weight around Newbury today.

That is all.

(Those not into racing can move on)

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Had the great privilege to be there. I've never seen a reception like it at Newbury, which is usually a bit countryfied and tweedy. There were group hugs going on all over the place on the members' lawn in front of the stand.

I just love this horse. Running off 174, giving 22lb to the runner-up, and he just pounded them all into the ground. May have just one more run before the Gold Cup now, and what a race that should be.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he has dropped in from 6/1 to 5/2 to win the gold cup on skybet - it looks like being another cracking denman v kauto battle

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Brilliant horse, a proper old fashoned charger......and won me £160:thumbsup:

Paul Nicholls reaction after the race said it all really.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Denman was brilliant. Don't usually follow the jumpers, preferring the flat. However that was pure class. I think the Irish may throw one or two into the mix which will make the Gold Cup an absolute treat.

TNBA

TTF

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Had the great privilege to be there. I've never seen a reception like it at Newbury, which is usually a bit countryfied and tweedy. There were group hugs going on all over the place on the members' lawn in front of the stand.

I just love this horse. Running off 174, giving 22lb to the runner-up, and he just pounded them all into the ground. May have just one more run before the Gold Cup now, and what a race that should be.

There were plenty of good things to watch over the 3 days apart from Denman, Big Bucks was impressive, the Henderson novice chase winners so plenty for the notebook.

D

Deleted User X18H

Superb made me miss the first two goals this sarvo but I don't care. The way it stayed on after the last was sensational with that weight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just backed Ten Pole Tudor at Wolves....won at 25/1 (only £8 e/w but still handy)....Brighton winning too, a real red letter day:thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The 11-4 with SkyBet didn't last long, but you can still get 5-2 for the Gold Cup.

I try not to get blinded by loyalty to horses but I can't see why he isn't favourite. Ran second last year after a season that never really started, and galloped Kauto Star into the ground the year before that.

The Gold Cup course and distance is perfect for him. Once he gets into a rhythm even a horse of Kauto Star's quality finds it impossible to make ground. For me, he's a 7-4 chance even at this stage, and no better than evens if he gets there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The 11-4 with SkyBet didn't last long, but you can still get 5-2 for the Gold Cup.

I try not to get blinded by loyalty to horses but I can't see why he isn't favourite. Ran second last year after a season that never really started, and galloped Kauto Star into the ground the year before that.

The Gold Cup course and distance is perfect for him. Once he gets into a rhythm even a horse of Kauto Star's quality finds it impossible to make ground. For me, he's a 7-4 chance even at this stage, and no better than evens if he gets there.

You can get odds on that they will both end up as dog food

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes

if its soft ground come the gold cup he looks a certainty, but if its not that would bring kauto back into the reckoning.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The money that we took on Denman today was pretty incredible, and then the payouts were pretty scary. :lol: Brilliant performance, the whole shop literally stopped to watch him cruise home, truly magnificent performance and much better than that of Kauto Star last week, in my humble opinion.

The 4/1 we gave people this morning was pretty generous to be fair, some bloke punted £500 on him to win and took that price. You do the maths.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sportingbet were looking to take money on Denman today, I got the (somewhat strange) 21/5 on him not too long before the off when most were at 7/2, with a couple of stragglers still at 4s.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
got 9-2 on fridaynight on betfair, you could still get 9-2 yesterday morning, won over 100 quid should have been over 200 but i laid some of it off with 2 fences to go when the other 2 ranged up along side him, should have known better. Its a shame denny cant play football cos he`d make a fantastic attacker!! Wonderful sporting moment and the weight he had nearly a stone more than 2 years ago, incredible, imagine him in the national, eh? know theyd never risk him but reckon hed still have a great chance cos he never gives in and his jumping is something else.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
in fact, forget attack, stick denman in goal! he`d be better than Smith!:lol:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Big gambler friend of mine always backs the first six in the Hennessy for the rest of the season and usually makes a mint.

The 2010 Grand National winner came 3rd:thumbsup: Niche Market ran a great race going head to head with Denman for most of the way. He won last years Irish National and will fit the trends stats. Handicapper says he's not putting his rating up which is a bonus. 33/1 at Ladbrokes and Sky is too big.

Well done to Denman. Hope he and Kauto get to the Gold Cup 100% as it will be a race to savour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here