Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - the poll

What would you like to happen with Deniz Undav?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Brighton have a "very high" chance of keeping Deniz Undav, says David Weir.

How do you feel about this?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brighton have a "very high" chance of keeping Deniz Undav, says David Weir.

How do you feel about this?
Options overcomplicated. Take the first seven words of option 3 and the last seven words of option 4 and you've got a viable option. Otherwise, no vote from me.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Options overcomplicated. Take the first seven words of option 3 and the last seven words of option 4 and you've got a viable option. Otherwise, no vote from me.

You think we need a striker, but shouldn't buy one?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Where did the “if he wants to stay” option come from, he has been VERY clear about not wanting to come back here :rolleyes:
He has been VERY clear about wanting to stay at Stuttgart, which isn't the same thing.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Where did the “if he wants to stay” option come from, he has been VERY clear about not wanting to come back here :rolleyes:

Could a new German coach possibly be enough to convince him to return?

New head coach Fabian Hurzeler has held talks with his fellow countrymen and wants both players to stay. Brighton's technical director David Weir says the chances are "very high" that Gross and Undav will remain at the club.

Weir added: "They are contracted to Brighton and they are players that have done well for us. Deniz has been out on loan and I think everyone has seen how well he's done there (18 goals and ten assists in 30 league games for Stuttgart).

"So, they are two players that we are expecting to be back with us and looking forward to being part of our squad. A lot of things have been written and said, but ultimately nothing has changed from our perspective. They are players we really like, Fabian has spoken to both players. We really hope they will be here moving forward."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He has been VERY clear about wanting to stay at Stuttgart, which isn't the same thing.
Well he can't really want both

He could have been happy with either option, but if that were the case he wouldn't have made it so clear he wants to stay there

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's a no from me. He always reminded me of Maupay - when on absolute fire could score anything but most of the time seemed very disinterested.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well he can't really want both

He could have been happy with either option, but if that were the case he wouldn't have made it so clear he wants to stay there
He could be very happy to stay there on the wages he was getting here, but happier to come back here on a higher wage than he had before.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
55% of you are totally deluded in thinking that he might want to stay, have you not been following this saga?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Footballer on loan asked if he would be happy to stay and says yes. Not like he has run off to Belgium instead of training is it?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
If he wants to come back, I'd be excited to have him. But no point in forcing him to come back if he really isn't interested. Yes he's "under contract", but we don't need a player that really doesn't want to be here. It's bad for team morale.

So if he's really set on staying in Germany, let's get the most out the deal that we can and move on.

Thanks Deniz, best of luck to you mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here