Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Delia Smith has moved house.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Delia is O/K. Her cake recipes are excellent.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
dougdeep said:
Delia is O/K. Her cake recipes are excellent.

Let's be 'aving some of em then!!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I don't actually get all the fuss over this incident.

Is it just because she is a woman that her obvious passion is questioned and derided?

Personally I think it was admirable that she kicked up a fuss over the crowd not being vocal enough. They are playing in the premiership for the first time in years, in front of thousands and thousands of people and need all the help they can get in a tough relegation battle. The crowd should be going nuts for it. Apart from anything else they probably won't be up in the top flight next season so they may as well make the most of it and properly give it some.

I for one salute Delia for getting so involved when not enough of the fans did.

If we filled our new Falmer stadium but then stayed silent as we chased a game 1-0 I would have no less respect for Dick Knight if he were to come on to the pitch and blast us for not making the most of our situation after all the hard work of himself, the manager and the rest of the team.

Delia has put an awful lot into her club so she has every right to feel disappointment with the fans if they aren't aspiring to her expectations.

Big up Delia - a woman with PASSION

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I would agree with you, Bluejuice, and I think she is getting more and more backing for being passionate about her club. She was described, however, as being "well refreshed".:D

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Bluejuice said:
I don't actually get all the fuss over this incident.

Is it just because she is a woman that her obvious passion is questioned and derided?

Personally I think it was admirable that she kicked up a fuss over the crowd not being vocal enough. They are playing in the premiership for the first time in years, in front of thousands and thousands of people and need all the help they can get in a tough relegation battle. The crowd should be going nuts for it. Apart from anything else they probably won't be up in the top flight next season so they may as well make the most of it and properly give it some.

I for one salute Delia for getting so involved when not enough of the fans did.

If we filled our new Falmer stadium but then stayed silent as we chased a game 1-0 I would have no less respect for Dick Knight if he were to come on to the pitch and blast us for not making the most of our situation after all the hard work of himself, the manager and the rest of the team.

Delia has put an awful lot into her club so she has every right to feel disappointment with the fans if they aren't aspiring to her expectations.

Big up Delia - a woman with PASSION

So did you find the joke funny or not? :jester:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Almost totally agree BJ, although I think any high profile figure, whether male or female, walking onto a pitch at half time and delivering a Dunkirkesque speech like that would make the headlines. More power to her.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Bluejuice said:
Big up Delia - a woman with PASSION KILLERS

We have no desire to know what kind of knickers this unfortunate alcoholic lady chooses to wear or discards as she bawls out'
"Let's be 'aving yer!"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Regardless of what she did and the right and wrongs of it she is a true football fan and Norwich City fans owe her a great debt.

They would not be in the Premiership if she was not at the club.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Beach Hut said:
Regardless of what she did and the right and wrongs of it she is a true football fan and Norwich City fans owe her a great debt.

They would not be in the Premiership if she was not at the club.

Now stop right there.

This thread is about my joke. Nothing more, nothing less. It was not a chance for slagboats like you to climb out of your gutter and talk football. Please direct any serious discussion to another thread or I'll have to bar you.

:rolleyes: Some people..C'uh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here