Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defoe/ Zamora Deal

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Apparently Charlton are trying to find out how this deal was structured since they had a 15% sell on fee with Defoe. Could be interesting - Pardew has the opportunity to help us out here. Do you think he will take it?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
How can a player who has scored one goal in 6 months be worth more than he was bought for?

Because he's played Premiership football.

Charlton will get upto a million for their part in Defoes career.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No mate.

The deal is Defoe for £6m plus Zamora. Given that both clubs would pay sell on clauses for any profit made, it is in both their interests to value the players as low as possible.

Therefore, the clubs would prefer that Zamora was free and Defoe was £6m, but they won't get away with that since that is blatently not the valuations associated with the players.

I suspect that some digging by Charlton might yield a percentage of the extra million or whatever they value Zamora at. Either way, we definitely will not benefit since there is no way they are going to value Zamora above £1.5m.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Whatever I suspect we'll get sweet FA

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Beach Hut said:
Whatever I suspect we'll get sweet FA

well thats dick knights fault (before everyone starts im glad he is in charge) should have not had a sell on claus as they are pointless when selling to a prem side and even more pointless now with low transfer fees.
he should have taken an extra 200k

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
kinkygerbil said:
well thats dick knights fault (before everyone starts im glad he is in charge) should have not had a sell on claus as they are pointless when selling to a prem side and even more pointless now with low transfer fees.
he should have taken an extra 200k

You should ALWAYS take a sell-on clause, you never know what's going to happen, and we've missed out so many times through not having one.

And I don't think it was a case of £200k OR a sell-on clause. I think Dick would have taken every penny of cash that was offered. Happy to be corrected, but...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
1.5 was the most anyone would pay for bobby and if your honest he was never going to move to someone like man u etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here