Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defensive Cover

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Here's my question:

Wood's loan has been extended, so there is debate whether or not we need anymore striking options...if Gus finds the "special" one he will bring him in, if not I wouldn't be discouraged by what we have got.

In Midfield, we have the new signing of Noone, Navarro to come back (will be like a new signing this season), and the rumours of Lua-Lua to return. Again, I would be happy with our midfield without Kaz, but to have him would be even better.

The thing for me is in defence...I know we have Elphick and Dunk to cover in the middle, but is Tanno enough as cover for Painter/Calde?

We have McNulty and Tunnicliffe (I know they were/are on loan) who everyone seems to have forgotten about, and I think they will both be on their way this transfer window along with Whingy. Leaves us very light in the fullback department! Anyone we bring in would know they were 2nd choice...should we make do with Tanno for the rest of the season? Or do we need to make a signing?

This is the area of our team I am most worried about now!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not at all worried about the defence and there is enough cover i feel for the 2nd half of the season.

A decent striker is a must more then any other signing we make next.Our strikers have so far been guilty of missing sitters and not performing at times.When Murray doesn't score it tends to go on for weeks and Barnes misfires alot.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If we were unable to call McNulty back or he goes, I would be concerned. Whingy, I think is on his way and whilst he was a rock two seasons ago, he was a rock in a brittle side and now has been left behind by the Gus Bus.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He makes a good point about the fullbacks though.

It's not a priority and there's is cover there.The defence is settled and i would much rather use a player we have for cover.Our defence has been a rock.If we go up then i would deffo look at cover then.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Kishishev is also cover at fullback & potentially El-Abd could move out there too.

I wouldn't be overly worried if we didn't sign one, but if we do, a left-footed one would be handy.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Whats the latest on Tunnicliffe? Apols if we gave him away or something!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Okay in that case definately a full back needed but I dont think they necessarily have to be able to play c/b.

There is no need at all for him to play CB. We have 4 out and out CBs and Painter who could play there if we got really short. I think LB cover is needed. I wouldn't be happy with Tanno there permanently if Painter ended up being on the sidelines for a significant period of time.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
There is no need at all for him to play CB. We have 4 out and out CBs and Painter who could play there if we got really short. I think LB cover is needed. I wouldn't be happy with Tanno there permanently if Painter ended up being on the sidelines for a significant period of time.

Yes this, said far better than I did in my previous few posts.

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
Kishishev has played games for Bulgaria at left back.

We've got him and Tanno who can cover both full back positions and in the event that Calde or Painter gets a long term injury, I'm sure we would bring someone in.

Matutu, Bennett and El-Abd are all full back options too. Although not ideal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here