Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent views on the Amex from Cardiiff fans

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I have read about halfway down the page, and so far they all (albeit politely) slagging it off!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Those that aren't aware of the proposed expansion seem to be leading the way with negative comments, but there are a lot nice positive comments on there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Just some of the good points they had to say....

'The main stand to our left was impressive, though. I reckon that is one of the best-looking stands in any of the new stadiums.'
'a chicken pie I had during the second half was amongst the tastiest pies I have ever eaten at a football ground. Really delicious.'
'to the left like u say that stand was like a top class premier ground like the emirates etc '
'Their new ground actually looks a shade too small for them.'
'I forgot to mention the padded seats - easily the comfiest I've ever sat on at a football ground. They were superb.'
'the pies were the meatiest I've ever had.'
'Stadium looks great from the outside'
'For me poz:
- not a drinker meself now, but had to give it to them for the Brains. Nice idea.
- Video screen - quality.
- Seats. Tho when you are standing anyway! Ha! And crammed three or four into two spaces by the aisle. Ha.
- staff friendly
- store, 'BHA heroes' display outside
- has a 'solid' feel'
'I liked it - it looks a bit lop-sided but it was very pleasant and had far, far more character than most modern grounds, as a result.'
'From the outside,the immediate surrounding area and the main stand where I was sat it was top notch.'
'The standard of finish from the padded seats to the facilities were way ahead of most grounds.'
'Personally I thought it was great - one of the best I've certainly been to in this league in the 3 or 4 years I've been going to away games'
'I must say the Chicken and Ham pie was by far the nicest pie I've ever eaten.'
'As for the ground. The main stand to our left was very impressive, probably the best outside top flight football.'

only real bad bits were about tthe stands and how they look odd but once filled it will look good and so on, also the location.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
They all seemed to think the outside was great but the inside was looking strange because obviously unfinished. Seemed like a nice bunch of blokes and generally very fair comments. I thought Cardiff were meant to be mean and nasty... these were pussy cats

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
They all seemed to think the outside was great but the inside was looking strange because obviously unfinished. Seemed like a nice bunch of blokes and generally very fair comments. I thought Cardiff were meant to be mean and nasty... these were pussy cats

Ditto.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Seemed like a nice bunch of blokes and generally very fair comments. I thought Cardiff were meant to be mean and nasty... these were pussy cats

Do you mind? We are evil.

I was a shade disappointed with the AMEX due to its unfinished appearance, but it clearly has the potential to be one of the best stadiums in the division with a bit more work. My partner, meanwhile, now regards it as her favourite ground. She loved it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Whenever we have an away fans' opinion of the Amex thread, I'm always amazed at the number of comments about the location. Our travails in getting the stadium were pretty well-documented but even if they hadn't read about that, the overwhelming majority of modern stadiums are built on the edge of urban areas. Falmer is a good deal more accessible than, say, the Madjeski.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It is rather concerning the amount of comments regarding travel and parking... this really has to be the priority to sort out.

D

Deleted member 22389

Do you mind? We are evil.

I was a shade disappointed with the AMEX due to its unfinished appearance, but it clearly has the potential to be one of the best stadiums in the division with a bit more work. My partner, meanwhile, now regards it as her favourite ground. She loved it.

Actually had some good comments from your supporters about our stadium. Better than some other away fans comments. And at the end of the day we don't have any beef with Cardiff supporters either. We both want the premiership and I think there is a common understanding that we appreciate where we have come from, and how much more work there is to do, to get to the promised land.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Falmer is a good deal more accessible than, say, the Madjeski.

I travelled by coach on Wednesday, so it was no problem for me, but those who drove obviously didn't find it easy. I can't believe you'd compare the AMEX with the Madejski. There are loads of parking opportunities within easy walking distance of the Madejski. Can the same honestly be said for the AMEX?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I travelled by coach on Wednesday, so it was no problem for me, but those who drove obviously didn't find it easy. I can't believe you'd compare the AMEX with the Madejski. There are loads of parking opportunities within easy walking distance of the Madejski. Can the same honestly be said for the AMEX?

There's a train station opposite Falmer and there are about 6 bus routes within easy walking distance. Can the same honestly be said for the Madejski? On my only trip there, I was still waiting for a bus at 10.25, 50 minutes after the end of the game. Madejski's great if you come by car but the many thousands who don't have a miserable time of it. Compare that to the Amex: whether you come by car, train, bus or coach - you'll be on your way in 50 minutes (unless you want to stay drinking, that is).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nice to see so many good comments from Cardiff fans (I thought 700+ was a pretty good turnout too given their recent schedule), but I would agree with Gwylan that the problems regarding the accessibility of the Amex are overblown. I think people are so used to the availability of on street parking that the Amex will always have the perception of inaccessibility despite the choice of P+R, train and bus. Given the relatively low attendance on wednesday getting to the ground by train was a doddle I thought.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So having a train 100 meters from the stadium is a drawback is it? It is a feature of modern stadia that they have an out of town flavour, this means getting organised and I dont care what people say, there is plenty of parking for those who book and pay for it ( stadium and Uni), with more to come next season. There are amyriad of buses, both park and ride and normal 'football specials' from all over Sussex.

I have used most methods now, and even leaving the ground at peak time straight after the whistle on Weds from the upper reaches of WSU, I was still on the train in 15 mins and on the 22:33 back to Lancing where I was for the night.

I dont understand what else is expected, I have queued for over an hour to get a tube at Upton Park, I have sat in a car not moving for over an hour trying to get out of Cardiff after both footy and Rugby games..... we have a system, get used to what suits your timings and stick to it.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I thought Cardiff were meant to be mean and nasty...

I know what you mean! I remember people coming back from our away game at Cardiff with horror stories when we were both in Division 3 (I think that's the right time, my memory isn't as good as it used to be!). Both games seem to have been fairly good-natured this season. Looks like all that time spent in different divisions has taken the sting out of things.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
As long as fans have it suggested to them beforehand that parking near the stadium is a no-no, they can make alternative arrangements.

Wrexham, for instance, on their forum were told not to bother driving, so many who were intending to do so took the train and stayed down. And got happily shit-faced.

Having said that, a midweek match does present its a different set of problems, of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here