Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins - Saints assistant manager!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dean Wilkins has been appointed assistant manager at Southampton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to him, a man shat on from a great height by DK, I hope he does well there, just not against us

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good luck to him!

Without getting into the tiresome debate again I think we all acknowledge he was a very, very good coach.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Looks like you beat Smithy by two mins!!! So ya not fixtures lol

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I would wish hm luck but.... its Southampton..... ah f*** it good luck Wendy, hopefully you'll be in charge when they try to get out of league two next season

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good luck to him, but I'm happier with Slade as our boss than I was when he was here.

He's a very good coach, mind, and hopefully as AM rather than manager he'll be able to be involved a bit more with the coaching without the 'distractions' of a manager's other responsibilities.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I imagine he'll get a good reception when the Saints' visit Withdean?

I thought he was playing for Taree Wildcats in the Mid North Coast Premier League in Oz.

Crucial clash for Cats - Local News - Sport - Football - Soccer - Manning River Times

Crucial clash for Cats
22/07/2009 11:00:00 AM

CLUB Taree Wildcats take on table topping Macleay Valley in the Football Mid North Coast Premier League clash at Omaru Park on Saturday.
This will be a real test of Taree’s chances of finishing in the top four this season.

The Wildcats helped their cause when accoutning for Camden Haven at Laurieton last start.

The game started at very slow pace with both teams guilty of poor ball control.

Camden Haven had the better of the field possession and the pressure finally to its toll when midway through the first half. Taree failed to clear ball from their 18 yard box and a Camden Haven player slammed a ball past the outreached arms of goal keeper Luke Bramble to put Camden Haven up 1-0. This remained the halftime score.

The second half started in a similar manner to the first with the game being a real arm wrestle. Both sides had chances to score but Taree had a real opportunity after 25 minutes when from long range and with the Camden Haven goal keeper off his own line, Josh Bithrey hit the ball sweetly only to hit the crossbar. The ball deflected onto a Camden Haven defender’s arm and he appeared to push it out of his own goal. Taree players claimed a free kick should have been awarded, but the referee ruled differently. This seemed to fire up the Wildcats up and they mounted a number of attacking raids which finally paid of when Dean Wilkins crossed a ball to the head of Nathan Towle to go into the back of the net to take the score to 1-1.

Play then the game went from end to end with a number of chances for both sides but with two minutes left Wilkins again crossed a great ball which found the head of Towle to go into the back of the net to see Taree take the lead and the game 2-1 to silence the vocal Camden Haven crowded.

Club Taree players’ player went again to James Thomas, who is having a outstanding season and he was well supported by Wilkins, Josh Ferris, Mick Brassell and goal keeper Luke Bramble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here