Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't help wondering if he is just not Adams kind of player. Definitely more Wilkins type of player. Matter of time before he moves on I suspect.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I thought young players are meant to get better with time, Cox obviously just wants to be different.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Wonder if the same Premiership club who came in for him last season would now?

I would be amazed if a Championship made a bid for him now, let alone a Premiership club!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Dean Cox had a very poor spell last season playing on the left. He got MUCH better when he played on the right or in the hole. Where did Dean Cox play today?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Dean Cox had a very poor spell last season playing on the left. He got MUCH better when he played on the right or in the hole. Where did Dean Cox play today?

Left in 1st half, and right for most of the 2nd.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Left in 1st half, and right for most of the 2nd.
I thought he was playing in the centre for most of the 2nd, with Hart and then Robinson on the right. He pushed back to the left for the last 15 minutes or so as well.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I thought he was playing in the centre for most of the 2nd, with Hart and then Robinson on the right. He pushed back to the left for the last 15 minutes or so as well.

He could well have been, I got the impression he was on the right. Could be wrong though.

I know he did drift over to the left for a while mid way through the 2nd.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Yep, at least two thirds of the game on the left. There was a very good srticle with Andy Johnson in The Guardian today. He talked about the derision showed to Sven when he played him wide right, a position he knows he can't play in. What shocked him more was that Moyes criticised Sven, then proceeded to do the very same thing for ten games last season.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yep, at least two thirds of the game on the left.

Not sure about that 2/3, because he came over 20 minutes in to the half when it was clear Richards couldn't cross or beat his man to save his life.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He could well have been, I got the impression he was on the right. Could be wrong though.

I know he did drift over to the left for a while mid way through the 2nd.

He didn't drift to the left. Dean White was out of the dug out bellowing at him to come wider on the left as he was the only player that was providing any consistency of delivery. I didn't think he had THAT bad a game today. There are plenty of players who offered far less than Dean Cox (Murray, Thomson, Dixon, Robinson...)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not sure about that 2/3, because he came over 20 minutes in to the half when it was clear Richards couldn't cross or beat his man to save his life.

So 25 minutes in the second half and 45 minutes in the first. 70 minutes = more than two thirds of the game.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So 25 minutes in the second half and 45 minutes in the first. 70 minutes = more than two thirds of the game.

Apologies, thought you said 2/3 of the 2nd half:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here