Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Blackwell quits

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
:ohmy: :( We could have done with him this year. look on the bright side though. We honoured our contrat offer and mut be the only team to pay someone for a year knowing that he will not come back. Good busines sense DK:dunce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good loyalty DK.

I really feel for Dean because he wanted so much to come back and play for us. I spoke to him personally so I know that is true.

I hope he finds employment that he really enjoys doing.
Thanks Dean.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Yorkie said:
Good loyalty DK.

I agree with the sentiment but can we afford to do the whole loyalty thing :glare:

I do wish Dean the best for the future though. He was quality for the stripes IMHO:clap: :clap:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All the best for the future Dean. Thanks for everything you did for the club.

:clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck Dean and I'm glad to see DK agreed to to honour the contract offered by Coppell last year. It hasn't worked out well for the Albion but it's further proof that this is an honourable club. How many fans can they say support one like it.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Icy Gull said:
Good luck Dean and I'm glad to see DK agreed to to honour the contract offered by Coppell last year. It hasn't worked out well for the Albion but it's further proof that this is an honourable club. How many fans can they say support one like it.

I can :wave:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Bald Gull said:
Whereabouts is this from? Has it come from the club?

In the Argus mate

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Deano is a ledgend :clap:

Hope he ends up in coaching or management,

anyone remember that classic own goal for whilst deano was at wimbledon at west ham?

kaney

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
El Presidente said:
Loyalty is more important than money

Normally I would agree but DK has got to look at it as a business. If by paying Blackwell we have missed out on getting somone like Sheringham ( for arguments sake ) then it is bad business and could be the difference between relegation and staying in the decision. I know I will get shot down for this and teddy is probably a bad example but I just wanted to point this out. As said before I respect DB for what he has done in his career and he would have been superb for us this year so I am not against what DK has done by honouring the contract but when we have not got a pot to p*** in we need to have a reality check

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Hopefully, he has decided to make an early decision to help repay that loyalty. He could have strung us along all season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here