Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

De Vecchi - Unbelievable hypocrisy!!

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
'The council has simply gone through the motions without any real sense of democracy or accountability toward the people it serves.
'This is a classic example of ivory tower arrogance.'

Comment above is from De Vecchi talking about East Sussex County Council in last weeks Sussex Express
.Absoloutely f**kin' unbelievable.
:censored: :censored: :censored:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
hmm. Pot, kettle, bitch ???

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Pot, Kettle C UNT. I cannot believe this. She really is a complete and utter fanny of thee highest order. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
A quick sketch of what i want to write - tell me the bits that need changing!

Following your undemocratic campaign to try and stop Brighton and Hove Albion's Stadium in an unused field away from the "idyllic" village of Falmer, imagine my surprise and dismay at your quote in the Sussex Express over East Sussex County council - when you said, and i quote;

" The council has simply gone through the motions without any real sense of democracy or accountability toward the people it serves.
'This is a classic example of ivory tower arrogance."

Isn't this exactly what you are guilty of? When have you ever listened to your constituent's views over the stadium? I doubt you ever have. I think that you are the one who is showing a "classic example of ivory tower arrogance". You cannot deny that if the ground was going to be used for something that you enjoy, such as an opera stage, or something equally banal - which would be used as much as the stadium, would create 3 times the impact of the stadium in terms of environmental impact - that none of your constituents want, you would go for it anyway.

Democracy is stated in the Oxford English dictionary as " A state or community in which the government is vested in the people as a whole." I think you have forgotten this. Remember the people "as a whole." Not just your snobbish and arrogant ideas that you are using to misrepresent your own people.

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
Yes it was about the incinerator. Bakers not much better.
Comment from him in the same article!!!

'GOVERNMENT SHOULD DECIDE BURNER PLAN'
UNPOPULAR plans for a huge waste incinerator in Newhaven should be 'called in' for a public inquiry and not left to East Sussex County Council to decide.

'That is why we want the Government, which is independent, to review this matter.'

??? :censored:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
ben andrews' girlfriend said:

Following your undemocratic campaign to try and stop Brighton and Hove Albion's Stadium in an unused field away from the "idyllic" village of Falmer, imagine my surprise and dismay at your quote in the Sussex Express over East Sussex County council - when you said, and i quote;

" The council has simply gone through the motions without any real sense of democracy or accountability toward the people it serves.
'This is a classic example of ivory tower arrogance."

Isn't this exactly what you are guilty of? When have you ever listened to your constituent's views over the stadium? I doubt you ever have. I think that you are the one who is showing a "classic example of ivory tower arrogance". You cannot deny that if the ground was going to be used for something that you enjoy, such as an opera stage, or something equally banal - which would be used as much as the stadium, would create 3 times the impact of the stadium in terms of environmental impact - that none of your constituents want, you would go for it anyway.

Democracy is stated in the Oxford English dictionary as " A state or community in which the government is vested in the people as a whole." I think you have forgotten this. Remember the people "as a whole." Not just your snobbish and arrogant ideas that you are using to misrepresent your own people.

Sounds perfect to me :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Lewesian Seagull said:

UNPOPULAR plans for a huge waste incinerator in Newhaven should be 'called in' for a public inquiry and not left to East Sussex County Council to decide.

'That is why we want the Government, which is independent, to review this matter.'

Who said that?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Lewesian Seagull said:

He's such a complete retard, doe she not think people will pick up on these sorts of comments? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Put on the end of the letter;

Funny to see in the same article your colleague Norman Baker saying;

" That is why we want the Government, which is independent, to review this matter.'"

Do any people in your council listen to their own advice?

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford

Don't criticise opera as banal - you or I may not like it, but plenty of people do, as evidenced by the attendances at Glyndebourne. Criticising things that De Vecchi enjoys isn't going to get you anywhere. What would we be saying on here if she told everyone how tedious football is, and what a waste of time it is?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Grendel said:
Don't criticise opera as banal - you or I may not like it, but plenty of people do, as evidenced by the attendances at Glyndebourne. Criticising things that De Vecchi enjoys isn't going to get you anywhere. What would we be saying on here if she told everyone how tedious football is, and what a waste of time it is?

Edited:

Isn't this exactly what you are guilty of? When have you ever listened to your constituent's views over the stadium? I doubt you ever have. I think that you are the one who is showing a "classic example of ivory tower arrogance". You cannot deny that if the field was going to be used for something that you enjoy, such as an opera stage - which would be used as much as the stadium, would create 3 times the impact of the stadium in terms of environmental impact - you would go for it anyway.

Better?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Edited:

Isn't this exactly what you are guilty of? When have you ever listened to your constituent's views over the stadium? I doubt you ever have. I think that you are the one who is showing a "classic example of ivory tower arrogance". You cannot deny that if the field was going to be used for something that you enjoy, such as an opera stage - which would be used as much as the stadium, would create 3 times the impact of the stadium in terms of environmental impact - you would go for it anyway.

Better?

Yep :)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She is also very ugly. :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here