Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day out, featuring animals, close to Worthing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Where is there, within very easy striking distance of Worthing (so not Drusillas), that's good for kids and has animals and all that.

My Mum reckons the Bognor place I have vague recollections of as a child is back open, but I can't find it on t'web.

Help me please, thanks.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fishers farm park is a good day out.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
the wetlands wildlife place is always a good place to take kids to. not so much as a fun place with rides, but great for the education of the children.

sorry, should have put it is in Arundel

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wildfowl and Wetlands at Arundel, if birds count? Or Swanmore lake next door for free (ww quite dear). Take a boat out on the lake and feed all the DUCKS and THAT.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Fishers farm near billingshurst is very good. And there are animals at tilgate park in crawley, its free there as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd say either Arundel or Fishers Farm, how old are the kids ?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Where is there, within very easy striking distance of Worthing (so not Drusillas), that's good for kids and has animals and all that.

My Mum reckons the Bognor place I have vague recollections of as a child is back open, but I can't find it on t'web.

Help me please, thanks.

You're most likely thinking of Hotham Park in Bognor. This might help: Hotham Park. Bognor Regis - Hotham Park Heritage Trust

Ages since we've been there but have vague memories of wildlife, children's amusements and playpark etc. May fit the bill. :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't think Hotham Park has many if any animals now.

Fishers Park as othershave said was the first that sprang to mind. Mire expensive than it used to be but still a good day out for kids 5-11. Farm animals and amusements. About half hour drive from Worthing.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
P&J Butchers, Shoreham. Always obliging and very tasty. You could then pop into the Beach House to sample the Amex pies.

Help me please, thanks.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Arthur loved Washbrooks Farm (Hurstpierpoint), nice and small and a great play area. Not as big as Tulleys or Fishers (a little to much theme park for me) but it was lots of fun and not too busy...

and forgot we like to go to Middle Farm and feed the animals and the farmyard there is great - coupled with the cider shed and farmers shop, meets everyones needs! :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Arthur loved Washbrooks Farm (Hurstpierpoint), nice and small and a great play area. Not as big as Tulleys or Fishers (a little to much theme park for me) but it was lots of fun and not too busy...

Good point dear lady, forgot about Tulleys Farm - just as good.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That is a great day out for the little ones. Forgot about that, good call.

I've only been once and admittedly it was raining but I would say that isnt a full day out in the same way as Fishers Farm is, albeit is cheaper.

There is also Holmsdale farm which is similar, up between Horsham and Crawley.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And Tulleys is good as well, although less animals, but just as much to do. I seem to recall a fun tractor rude Abd a quality maize maze.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Amex Stadium. Tuesday 27 Sept. A small herd of Nigelia Pikeysmellious will be available for the fun and entertainment of the assembled crowd. It will be the best day out of the year.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Blackberry farm on the A22 another good one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here