Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 5 - A song that reminds you of someone

no81skint

Apr 27, 2007
Coventry
New Morning by Bob Dylan

It’s so tempting when asked for a song that reminds you of someone to just write God Save the Queen.

But my choice is New Morning by Bob Dylan which reminds me of my auntie Eva in her flat in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland. I’d reached the age where anything that the adults did was boring as far as I was concerned. So I would mope around her flat reading books, and then discovered one day a copy of Bob Dylan’s New Morning album hidden away amongst a predominantly Swiss folk collection. I didn’t know it but it looked different so I put it on the turntable and I remember two things – my delight at discovering a gem that I’ve loved all my life since, and her delight in hearing again music from a long way back, maybe some special time in her life. I don’t know if she ever played that album again, but whenever I hear that album and this opening song it reminds me of her delight.

Original post: Day 5 - A song that reminds you of someone: New Morning by Bob Dylan

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This was played on facebook about 18mts ago by ooooh about three people i reckon.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Damn, I wish I could post videos! I would post Killer Queen by Queen which was their breakthrough single in 1974 at the time I started going out with the future Mrs Earle. A marvellous piece of music that sums up the genius of Queen and takes me straight back to those heady first dates with the wife to be.

no81skint

Apr 27, 2007
Coventry
Damn, I wish I could post videos! I would post Killer Queen by Queen which was their breakthrough single in 1974 at the time I started going out with the future Mrs Earle. A marvellous piece of music that sums up the genius of Queen and takes me straight back to those heady first dates with the wife to be.

Does this help?!?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My first girlfriend, didn't last long though :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Inextricably linked with one person in my life:

[yt]RkI-B2JWSZI[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here