Quite remarkable. :angel:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Quite remarkable. :angel:

That was David Coleman, you numpty.

BBC's Vine dies of heart attack

Veteran BBC sports broadcaster David Vine has died of a heart attack at the age of 73. Vine fronted a huge list of shows, including Match of the Day, A Question of Sport, Grandstand and Ski Sunday.

He also hosted the BBC's Olympic, snooker and tennis coverage, It's A Knock Out, Miss World and the Eurovision Song Contest. Vine celebrated his birthday in this month and died on Sunday night at home, near Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire.

He had triple heart by-pass surgery several years ago.

Vine's publicist Paul Madeley said that since the broadcaster's retirement he had continued working as a consultant for the BBC.

Paul Madeley described Vine as "a true and utter gentleman at all times." He added: "I don't know of anybody who is regarded as he was in terms of his professionalism and dedication, whether he was presenting or commentating.
He was like a member of my family. He was that close."

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom

Veteran BBC sports broadcaster David Vine has died of a heart attack at the age of 73. Vine fronted a huge list of shows, including Match of the Day, A Question of Sport, Grandstand and Ski Sunday.

He also hosted the BBC's Olympic, snooker and tennis coverage, It's A Knock Out, Miss World and the Eurovision Song Contest. Vine celebrated his birthday in this month and died on Sunday night at home, near Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire.

Vine's publicist Paul Madeley said that since the broadcaster's retirement he had continued working as a consultant for the BBC.

Paul Madeley described Vine as "a true and utter gentleman at all times." He added: "I don't know of anybody who is regarded as he was in terms of his professionalism and dedication, whether he was presenting or commentating.

Oh yeah, of course it was - doh!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
'Here we are in the Holy Land of Israel - a Mecca for tourists.' (David Vine)

We'll forgive him that one though - the face of snooker and skiing for god knows how many years. And the Horse of the Year Show.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

OH MY GOD ALAN :eek::lolol::thud:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a sad day.

He is part of my TV sporting childhood, along with Bough, Weeks, Coleman, Waring and Dicky Davies.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Very sad. RIP.

That said, he told me where to go when, as an 11 or 12 year old, I simply asked for his autograph ... those things never forgotten

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A minute's silence at the snooker today. So no change there then.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I'm with you on that one Pavillionaire. I'd add Brian Moore, McLaren and Arlott/Johnson/Laker/Benaud too.

RIP David with your crazy outsize glasses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here