Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Tennant

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hard to disagree. Tom Baker was great, but Tennant was different class for sure.

Would be a bad signing for the Albion as he would take us back in time too often.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Nope - loving Matt Smith at the moment. Tom Baker WAS Doctor Who - there is no other.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tom Baker every time and he buys his newspaper in my local post office. Dr Who in my local with K9 tied up outside!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I don't get all the hype over the recent Dr Who shows.

Tom Baker was the man closely followed by Jon Pertwee. Forget the all the special effects of the modern era shows. As a child the now almost comic villains still used to scare the shite out of me.

Going off at a tangent does anyone else remember the stand up cardboard villains you could collect from Weetabix packets.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I don't get all the hype over the recent Dr Who shows.

Tom Baker was the man closely followed by Jon Pertwee. Forget the all the special effects of the modern era shows. As a child the now almost comic villains still used to scare the shite out of me.

Going off at a tangent does anyone else remember the stand up cardboard villains you could collect from Weetabix packets.

My mates dad designed them back in the day, worth a bit of money now i believe.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I have to turn over when DT is on any programme. Tom baker for me was the best dr who.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I saw the thread title, I thought Tom Baker. Pleased to see so many posters agreeing!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Yes, I thought he was the best too - just ahead of Tom Baker.

I thought David Tennant was good though. In fact, the only Dr Whos I haven't liked where Davidson, George Baker and McCoy.

(I like the way that the OP said "unarguably" and there already a dozen people arguing with him)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
only Dr Whos I haven't liked where Davidson, George Baker and McCoy.

I assume you mean Colin Baker? ???

Tennant is my personal favourite simply on the grounds that he was The Doctor when I really got into watching the show (yes, I'm a bit of a Dr Who JCL) and so he's "my" Doctor against whom all others are compared. From what older episodes I've seen I like Pertwee and McCoy, but Tennant is the best for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It depends on your age,jon pertwee will always be THE dr who for me.

Agreed.

For most people, whoever was The Doctor when they started watching will be their favourite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here