Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Rathband dead

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Your comments are so warm and genuine. David was doing his job and I early hope that the foundation he set up now goes from strength to strength. I know this government and the Daily Mail hate the police, but he was, as I say, only doing his job. Theresa May and her boss would have done well to have kept out of offering their sympathies. Their words carried no meaning or sincerity whatsoever.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I know this government and the Daily Mail hate the police

Why would the Daily Mail hate the police? I think their policy has, by and large, been pro-law and order. And why would this government? Why would any government? Care to elaborate? Actually don't. I'd hate to think that this thread descends into a slanging match but suffice to say that I think you're very wrong.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately.....its one of those jobs that 99% of the time you have to deal with the police its for something bad...your'e either a victim of something or your'e being nicked! Everyone has their stories of how bad the police did in this situation or that situation.......there are some police officers out there that really should'nt be and ruin it for the rest...............just like there are bad builders or plumbers for example....but as I said, most people will recall the bad side. When you sign up for that job you already know this and all you can do is have the self pride to know you deal with things in the right way, you are never going to please everyone. I salute that guy and can only imagine how hard it was for him. Hopefully now he can finally find some peace!

For everything you've just said :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here