Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Neighbour writes....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/letters/argusletters/display.var.1073571.0.stadium_saga.php

:wave:

In response to Mr Near's letter regarding the Community Stadium at Falmer (Letters, December 7): he needs to know the facts before he makes accusations of delay .

The blame for any delay lies squarely with John Prescott's former department, which took more than four months to respond to the application judicial review and then more months to accept the terms on which John Prescott's decision would be quashed.

If Mr Near reads the report of the inspector who conducted the first inquiry, he will understand why the inspector concluded that the case against a stadium at Falmer was overwhelming. It was John Prescott's political reluctance to accept that advice which has caused all the subsequent expenditure.

David Neighbour, Lead Councillor for Planning, Lewes District Council, High Street, Lewes

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
:angry: :salute: :angry: :salute: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :bla: :bla: :shutup: :shutup: :angry:

That lying **** needs the rough end of a pineapple shoved up his anus.

LDC delay the application at every turn but this twat tries to shift the blame to Prescott....he is a disgrace.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Some of the delay does rest with the government though.The wheels turn oh so slow.

Questions said:
Some of the delay does rest with the government though.The wheels turn oh so slow.

Without the LDC bullshit there'd be no delay at all.

And he still needs that pineapple....

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nemesis said:
Without the LDC bullshit there'd be no delay at all.

And he still needs that pineapple....

It does give Potless Knight extra time to raise another couple of thousand quid though.Only another 50 mill to go.

People will come forward when the time is right..my arse.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I have heard (legal disclaimer: this is not a statement of fact, I am not claiming it to be so, merely reporting a rumour I have heard from a reliable source) that Neighbour has a conviction for assault.

And DeVecchi's partner has a predilection for hitting photographers.

And they make all kinds of snobbish, green welly-type insinuations about us.....

WHAT HYPOCRITICAL CRETINS!!!

If Mr Neighbour is up for a row, maybe we should.....

(censored in the interests of toeing the polite bobble hat line on the falmer campaign...bollocks)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I find it incredulous that he states that the blame for 'any' delay should be laid at the doorstep of former department of John Prescott.

Yes they have delayed the process, but the LDC grabbed this opportunity with both hands to delay it even further!

It seems a lifetime ago when the battle to wrestle the club from the hands of Archer, Stanley and Bellotti raged on and The Albion played their last game at the Goldstone. We now face a different kind of foe intent on destroying the club.

The lies that Neighbour spins are harder to swallow than a Whaddon Road burger. :nono:

Last edited:

TelscombeGull

Oct 11, 2006
BN10
attila said:
I have heard (legal disclaimer: this is not a statement of fact, I am not claiming it to be so, merely reporting a rumour I have heard from a reliable source) that Neighbour has a conviction for assault.

And DeVecchi's partner has a predilection for hitting photographers.

And they make all kinds of snobbish, green welly-type insinuations about us.....

WHAT HYPOCRITICAL CRETINS!!!

If Mr Neighbour is up for a row, maybe we should.....

(censored in the interests of toeing the polite bobble hat line on the falmer campaign...bollocks)

This is absolutely true.

I'm sorry for fight, says former mayor

I remember this very well as I have known Mr and Mrs Heasman for many years.

How the hell the man can be a councillor, let alone lead councillor for planning astounds me. :shootself

TelscombeGull

Oct 11, 2006
BN10
And despite what he said to the court, he made himself very plain leaving court that he was not in the least bit sorry.

DOUBLE ****

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
TelscombeGull said:
This is absolutely true.

I remember this very well as I have known Mr and Mrs Heasman for many years.

How the hell the man can be a councillor, let alone lead councillor for planning astounds me. :shootself

Link doesn't work for me

TelscombeGull

Oct 11, 2006
BN10
I don't know what happened to the link, so here is the text.

The Argus | Archive | 2004 | March | 26
From the archive, first published Friday 26th Mar 2004.

A shamed former mayor has apologised to a couple he brawled with in a row over bikes and a beach hut.

East Sussex county councillor David Neighbour has been dubbed "the battling councillor" by colleagues after his scuffle with Nigel and Tanya Heasman on Saltdean seafront last August.

He was given a two-year conditional discharge and ordered to pay £720 costs after pleading guilty to affray at Hove Crown Court yesterday.

Liberal Democrat colleagues have offered support but he could still be disciplined by his party.

Neighbour has been a mayor of Telscombe three times.

He represents Telscombe Cliffs on Lewes District Council, Telscombe on the county council and is a former headteacher and social worker.

Walton Hornsby, prosecuting, said Neighbour was the occupier of one of the beach huts in Undercliff Walk and had placed pedal cycles against a nearby hut used by Mr and Mrs Heasman.

They were worried the bikes could topple and injure their children, who were playing nearby.

Mr Hornsby said: "This became a bone of contention and it was in relation to this that an argument arose which then became an altercation and then the fight which is the subject of this case."

He said Neighbour, 59, of Central Avenue, Telscombe Cliffs, accepted he had grabbed Mrs Heasman by the arms, prompting her husband to challenge him.

Mr Heasman, from Saltdean, needed five stitches to his ear after the fight, which was witnessed by the couple's two young children and other families in Undercliff Walk.

Neighbour was arrested later that day.

Mr Hornsby said: "He accepts this would have been a disturbing incident for them to witness.

"The defendant was arrested and told police he had acted in self-defence.

"When interviewed he said, 'I hit him after he had hit me three times. I am just more efficient'."

Nigel Daniel, defending, said: "This defendant has asked me, with everyone present in court, to make a heartfelt apology for the incident.

"He is a man with a lifetime of public service as a social worker, a headteacher and who has served for many years on a number of local authorities and councils doing valuable work for the community.

"He is a man of poor health, with a heart condition, who the weekend before the incident was readmitted to hospital.

"As a result of that his medication had been changed the day before this incident.

"He was faced with the situation where the argument over the placement of the pushbikes escalated.

"He accepts that the real catalyst for this incident was him taking hold of Tanya Heasman's arms."

Mr Daniel said Neighbour had not taken his seat at council meetings since the incident because he did not want his actions to reflect badly on his colleagues.

This stopped the £10,000 a year he received in council allowances, which formed his only income.

Brighton and Hove City Council, which owns the beach huts, had asked Neighbour and his wife to leave theirs since the incident.

Judge Anthony Scott-Gall told Neighbour: "You behaved very badly in the presence of children but it is very clear to me that this was quite out of character."

Neighbour approached the Heasmans as he left the dock and apologised before joining his family and supporters outside.

Neighbour told The Argus: "I have apologised to the Heasmans but they were not blameless in all of this and I maintain I was defending myself after I was assaulted."

"I have become known as the battling councillor as a result of this incident and it is a label I now very much want to get rid of."

Marina Pepper, a fellow Lewes district councillor for the Liberal Democrats, said: "He has the full support of his colleagues in the party because of the wonderful support and work that he has given to the community over the years."

David Rogers, leader of the Lib Dem group on the county council, said he did not want to comment until he had held further discussions with Neighbour.

Mr Heasman also declined to comment.

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
"He is a man of poor health, with a heart condition, who the weekend before the incident was readmitted to hospital.

-----------------

I think creeping up behind him with a blown up paper bag a few times will do the trick!!
wcnige

TelscombeGull

Oct 11, 2006
BN10
It makes me so angry. LDC profess to want to protect Falmer as an Area of Outstanding Dual Carriageway, but some of these same councillors (Liz Lee, Marina Pepper and David Neighbour) also sit on Telscombe Town Council and are currently trying to get planning permission to dump 25000 tons of waste on Telscombe Tye! (Sorry, cant find on Interweb but was in Newhaven edition of the Leader a week or so back, and on many posters around Telscombe Cliffs and Telscombe Village).

WTF is all that about?:bounce: :flameboun :bounce: :flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here