Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Gold

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just a thought, but with Birmingham City getting promoted, surely his shares will become more saleable. Could we see him come on the seen at the same time as the structure of Falmer begins to take shape? Just got a feeling that this could be an interesting summer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would love to see him sell up and then come and do for us what he has done for Birmingham. Being in the Prem would make it easier to sell if that is what he wants.

I would love to see him sell up and then come and do for us what he has done for Birmingham. Being in the Prem would make it easier to sell if that is what he wants.

Would you not say that their relegation from the Prem was down to Gold's desperation to sell out to a foreigner who had a somewhat 'suspended' interest in the club?

That didn't instill me with great faith in the fellow, and I could only feel sorry for Steve Bruce in that time too (a decent man himself, who was a victim of the dithering, diddling dealings).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was it not more a case of the purchaser wasnt who he presented himself to be. Yes it could be argued that DG should have confirmed the mans credentials better. So can you hold him totally responsible especially as he is one of the 3 owners of Brum enough to stop him buying us if the situation arose.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I personally hope that odious little man stays with Brumscum. They deserve each other.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He looked fairly happy to be a Brum Director on TV today.

You're right. He was elated.

Even if he were offered a fortune for his shares in BC what logic would there be in him taking over the Albion? To me it would seem a fruitless exercise for anyone other than a true Albion fan. The chance of getting any sort of return on his investment would be very small.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would be doing naked cartwheels round my garden in celebration if the Golds ever hoved into view down here. The job they have done is absolutely superb.

Dick Knight was clearly the man to save us, and build for the future, but a man like Gold knows what it takes to really drag the potential out of a club and build for the very top.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would you not say that their relegation from the Prem was down to Gold's desperation to sell out to a foreigner who had a somewhat 'suspended' interest in the club?

That didn't instill me with great faith in the fellow, and I could only feel sorry for Steve Bruce in that time too (a decent man himself, who was a victim of the dithering, diddling dealings).

Rubbish... they went down because they were not good enough ON THE PITCH!

We need someone with Gold's financial clout to take our club forward...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, don't know what it is, maybe the dodgy beard and hairdo, but something isn't right about him.

What a fantasic and logical argument!... NOT!... the naivity on this site is astounding...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would be doing naked cartwheels round my garden in celebration if the Golds ever hoved into view down here. The job they have done is absolutely superb.

Dick Knight was clearly the man to save us, and build for the future, but a man like Gold knows what it takes to really drag the potential out of a club and build for the very top.

Spot on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here