Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Huckerby wins Iowa Republican nomination

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Not exactly the nomination. Just the first round in a bunch of hype which started about a year ago, and will not end until inauguration next January.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I'm bored with all this presidential crap already.

Having said that, I think having either a baptist minister or a muslim as president is going to cause a major issue with American politics. Especially with the religious right and all their spoutings on about Intelligent Design.

NOTE: I am an atheist, and I think most of the major problems in the world are due to religious nutters.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm bored with all this presidential crap already.

Having said that, I think having either a baptist minister or a muslim as president is going to cause a major issue with American politics. Especially with the religious right and all their spoutings on about Intelligent Design.

There are no Muslims standing for president.

What's more worrying is that the Republican frontrunners are a Baptist minister and a Mormon: scary.

There are no Muslims standing for president.

What's more worrying is that the Republican frontrunners are a Baptist minister and a Mormon: scary.

What, no muslims?? How can it be a FAIR election then? :jester:

It wasn't all that long since they declined to vote for a Jewish candidate.

Perhaps 'the South' will come to terms with the concept of voting for a black man, or (gasp) a woman.
They'll have to - because I can't seriously see many voting for a Republican after the one in power at the moment.
The WHO sang "We Won't Get Fooled Again" an awful long time ago.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
What, no muslims?? How can it be a FAIR election then? :jester:

It wasn't all that long since they declined to vote for a Jewish candidate.

Perhaps 'the South' will come to terms with the concept of voting for a black man, or (gasp) a woman.
They'll have to - because I can't seriously see many voting for a Republican after the one in power at the moment.
The WHO sang "We Won't Get Fooled Again" an awful long time ago.

Plenty of people thought that last time out though, and were wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here