Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Carter

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Just scored against Bournemouth for the reserves :)

Can't say fairer than that.

Will be interesting to see if he is offered a contract though not entirely sure what position he plays/can play in. I know he has experience up to Premier League. Does anyone know ? (I have by the way noted the comments on all sources here)

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
what type of player is he , i am hoping for a bit of a bulldog warrior in the middle of midfield , the type who plays up to big games and has a bit of fire in his belly .

westsussexmackem

Aug 1, 2011
...West Sussex.
Can only say from what I saw of him while he had a loan spell at Sunderland, and what i've witnessed from him a few times on TV.

He's a central midfielder, left footed who can sometimes play on the left aswell. Doesn't offer much apart from picking a few good passes out and sometimes can score the spectacular, he's definitely not a ''bulldog warrior'' though :p

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can't say fairer than that.

Will be interesting to see if he is offered a contract though not entirely sure what position he plays/can play in. I know he has experience up to Premier League. Does anyone know ? (I have by the way noted the comments on all sources here)

Left sided midfielder with a reported attitude which is not all that good:

Carter back to Birmingham

Birmingham City: Darren Carter trains with Brighton after two months at Blues - Birmingham City FC - Midlands Sports - Sport - Birmingham Post

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sounds like another Harley.

I don't think he is. He's much less of a luxury and while less likely to change a game with some great creativity, he is likely to play good solid Championship standard central midfielding* until the final whistle.

*I realise this isn't a word but you get my jist.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It reads like he has not accepted a contract at Birmingham. Maybe not enough dosh?

Darren Carter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Meanwhile, Ferguson has reported little joy in North End’s attempts to off-load the four players on the transfer list.

Richard Chaplow, Darren Carter, Stephen Elliott and Neal Trotman were all listed at the end of last season.

A proposed six-month loan move to Millwall for Carter fell through earlier this week after the midfielder had spent a week on trial with the Lions and played in two friendlies for them.

Said Ferguson: “Darren went down so Kenny Jackett could have a look at him.

“Kenny just told me he wasn’t the type of player he was looking for.

“Darren has come back here to train, and to be fair to him, he has been training very well.

“The four remain on the list and there’s been nothing concrete.”

Young guns for hire - Football - lep.co.uk

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
It reads like he has not accepted a contract at Birmingham. Maybe not enough dosh?

Darren Carter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No it doesn't it reads exactly as it is typed Carter began training with former club Birmingham City in August in the hope of earning a contract, but after no deal was forthcoming he moved on in October to fellow Championship club Brighton & Hove Albion, again on trial

i.e no offer came from Birmingham so he's taken up an offer of a trial with us.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No it doesn't it reads exactly as it is typed Carter began training with former club Birmingham City in August in the hope of earning a contract, but after no deal was forthcoming he moved on in October to fellow Championship club Brighton & Hove Albion, again on trial

i.e no offer came from Birmingham so he's taken up an offer of a trial with us.

He stayed with them for two months. I don't know what significance that is.

Harley plays in roughly the same midfield role as Poyet, so Managers usually recognise talent in their own positions.

Mullery spotted Lawrenson playing for Preston NE when I noted Gary Williams as something special and missed Lawrenson.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Once he accepts that he has defensive duties, I'd agree.

This...... Its not so much what he does on the ball, its what he does off it, i.e nothing.

Ambling about half heartedly when the opposition has the ball...... he needs to do a lot more, as currently its as if we only have 10 players who will make an effort to get it back.

I think he could be a game changer with his skill, but he's a luxury we cannot afford defensively as he offers bugger all.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This...... Its not so much what he does on the ball, its what he does off it, i.e nothing.

Ambling about half heartedly when the opposition has the ball...... he needs to do a lot more, as currently its as if we only have 10 players who will make an effort to get it back.

I think he could be a game changer with his skill, but he's a luxury we cannot afford defensively as he offers bugger all.

Maybe for Exeter he played like Zidane, too important to defend. Vicente seems to be able to defend a bit. He is our luxury player.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will we sign Darren Carter? I would be tempted to sign him to cover injuries until January. But Carter would probably turn the deal down!?

So he will be moving on ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here