Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darlo - so desperately sad

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Should they go, would an AFC Darlo or whatever have any chance of getting access to the stadium? It'd be a bit ridiculous for a Evo-Stik league club but would be some link to the past and prevent the homeless hell other clubs in that situation (and us!) have to go through.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Very sad, especially as they won the Trophy last season!

Remember that Aldershot rose again after going bust and so perhaps come 2020 they could be a football league side again

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Very very sad. I hate seeing this sort of thing.

Here's hoping that with the right investment, owners, players and infrastructure we can see them in the Football League one day.

Until then I feel for their fans.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
silly question but cant they sell the ground and move back to feethams??

It was demolished after an arson attack and it has been set aside for housing, according to Wiki.

Feethams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Reynolds Arena or whatever it is called, really is going to be a white elephant. They need someone rich to redevelop into something more fitting.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Apparently Newcastle Falcons RFC are lined up to us the stadium if they go under

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Bad news never like to see a club go out of business, but unfortunately that is currently what life is like outside of the top leagues (and even then teams suffer but never fail, Leeds Pompey etc)

Hope it can be sorted out and get decent stewards (as owners never really own a club in my view "we" as fans do) in to run the club properly again, and not boom and bust

Oct 25, 2003
feethams was there until not that long ago, as mentioned before it's probably going to become housing

such a shame because feethams was perfectly adequate for a club the size of darlington with the odd lick of paint here and there...they built a fairly impressive new stand along one side, modernise the rest into, i don't know 8-10,000 capacity and with its town centre location it would've worked well

shame that reynolds' ego and dream of turning darlo into a north-east super power has essentially ruined the club

can't see where the club OR the stadium go from here...there isn't really anywhere else in darlington vaguely resembling a stadium to my knowledge and playing in that white elephant in whatever league any new club would play in would be ludicrous

newcastle falcons moving to the stadium is a decent idea, however their current ground, kingston park is pretty decent to be honest

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
It was demolished after an arson attack and it has been set aside for housing, according to Wiki.

Feethams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Reynolds Arena or whatever it is called, really is going to be a white elephant. They need someone rich to redevelop into something more fitting.

I understand what you are saying BoF but what kind of madness would it be to demolish a fantastic stadium?

Oct 25, 2003
in fact i'd be surprised if the falcons move there.......they have a reasonable supporter base in newcastle with much of it coming from places like gosforth which is easily accessible to their ground, they also do very good deals for students which there are a lot of in newcastle

darlington is a fairly small place with not much history of being into rugby, not a massive catchment area and the arena doesn't have particularly good transport links

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently Newcastle Falcons RFC are lined up to us the stadium if they go under

Could they not doa deal withem so that Newcastle Falcons become the owners an d Darlington FC rent the ground from them, would this not preserve the football club and benefit the rugby club.

sorry just read the post above and it appears that they dont own the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here