Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darlington V Newcastle

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Newcastle Statement
On behalf of everyone at Newcastle United FC, we wholly condemn the behaviour of a number of our supporters who invaded the pitch during the second half of the club's friendly against Darlington this evening (July 15).

The club will be seeking to obtain footage of the disorder from Darlington FC and the police and will be taking the strongest possible action against those individuals responsible for the shameful behaviour.

This behaviour is not typical of the vast majority of our fans, however this incident gives a poor impression of Newcastle United and its loyal supporters.

My mate that came to the games Statement.

There was an undoubted edge to the atmosphere from the moment we all got to the ground, some fans hurled verbal, and rumour was some physical violence towards Derek Llambias at the main entrance although I didn't see any of it. Once inside the ground songs were sung against Ashley and Llambias and in support of Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton.

The trouble started when Sammy Ameobi scored, we had earlier altered our chant of "If Shola scores we're on the pitch" to "If Sammy scores we're on the pitch" and when he scored initially 2 fans did just that, more soon followed before there was a full on pitch invasion of 500+ fans all over, from one touchline to the dugouts, this had been going on for around 5 minutes when the Darlington fans took exception and several of them came on the pitch aswell at the same time as the police began ushering everybody back over to the Newcastle end. That left us with the farcical situation of having both Newcastle and Darlo fans mingled in together on the side of the pitch and it soon flared up with a full on 40+ man fight. During the incident several fans both home and away approached Joey Barton and a small seperate scuffle occurred. The teams were taken off the pitch for at least 10 minutes and when it re-started we took off all of our first team players.

Outside the ground there were more arrests as fans got involved with either each other or the police. All very silly really, presumably we will recieve some form of FA punishment for this but I hope they take the time to realise that there was over 6,000 Newcastle fans there today and the majority can not be held accountable for the actions of the minority.

Then over came Pardew and Carver to plead for the fans to stop

Bloody pre season friendly for god sake :facepalm:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
You do have to ask yourself, what kind of knobs invade the pitch in a friendly with Darlington????
Very sad.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You do have to ask yourself, what kind of knobs invade the pitch in a friendly with Darlington????
Very sad.

Sort of fans that are protesting about the ownership of the club??

That said just seen the footage on on SSN and the divvies first on the pitch look like they were just f***ing about.

Allot of them there though, probably the most people I've ever seen at that ground.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I remember many years ago going to a pre-season friendly Blackpool v Burnley and it kicked off within three minutes of the game starting, really was a massive pitch battle in the car park post match.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Shocking behaviour, not just for a friendly but any time.

How's the boy?

His good mate just took him up town lol had to put a plastic bag on his foot as the weather is a bit mental here today, his in good spirits just dont understand he cant run about, which is a bit tough for a 3 year old.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Just a few top boys doing some training before the season starts. What do you scarfers and mummy's boys expect? You don't run a marathon without doing some training do you?

There's always a bit of needle in the North East, the women are so ugly you end up having a tear up as the prospect of slipping the missus a length is so depressing.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Thinking of the usual crowd pics you see of newcastle supporters, I'm surprised they could drag their fat sweaty arses away from the pie stand and on to the pitch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here