Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darlington to fold?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would hate to see yet another club go out of business, but apparently today could be their last game. New stadium, all be it Ikea, but it should never happen.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rooney's £200k fine at New Year would have kept Darlo going until the end of the season :angry:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
There is a lot of discussion about the background on the Forum of the Non-League Matters web site. Can't post a link as I am too junior on this forum.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A lot of their fans seem to want them to fold, I think I'd say the same in their position, they can't possibly carry on at that stadium.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
But why would a team like Darlington build a 25,000 stadium? That's bigger than Falmer ffs. It's bigger than Swansea and QPR and they're both in the Prem.

They'd be better of folding now and making a Darlington AFC type thing tbh.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Can they rebuild Feethams or is it still there? Great old ground, that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reynolds built the stadium in delusions of growth and competing with boro, Sunderland and Newcastle. Think its now council owned. Must be soul destroying and un-atmospheric when only a few thousand turn up and largely the stands are empty (bit like selhurst).

I think 2 businessmen own the stadium and surrounding land , any new owners would only be buying the football club. The council have imposed restrictive covenants to stop any retail/residential development. It was an out of town development that failed to bring in the punters.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Their old ground was terribly quaint - like stepping back into the 1920s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here