Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dario Gradi gone

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Might be FIXTURES by Gradi is no longer manager.

Club INSIST he will stay on upstairs but RUMOURS circulating he is off...

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Crewe chairman John Bowler insists Dario Gradi will remain as manager next season despite a change of job title.
Gradi, who has spent 24 years at Crewe and is the longest serving boss in the Football League, becomes the club's football technical director on 1 July.

He will be responsible to the board for all of Crewe's football activities.

Steve Holland has been appointed first team coach and will play a pivotal role in training, team selection and management of the first-team squad.

Holland will also stay on as manager of the club's academy.

Neil Baker continues as assistant manager and continue his direction and management of the club's scouting activities, along with Glyn Chamberlain.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
:eek: Suppose he had to stop one day!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Quite clever I think. Makes for a very smooth transition.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Basically they didn't have the balls to say thanks but no thanks anymore so they thought they'd give him a snazzy new job like what Martin Hinshelwood does for us.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Crewe insist Gradi will stay on

Gradi has been Crewe manager since June 1983
Crewe chairman John Bowler insists Dario Gradi will remain as manager next season despite a change of job title.
Gradi, who has spent 24 years at Crewe and is the longest serving boss in the Football League, becomes the club's football technical director on 1 July.

He will be responsible to the board for all of Crewe's football activities.

Steve Holland has been appointed first team coach and will play a pivotal role in training, team selection and management of the first-team squad.

Holland will also stay on as manager of the club's academy.

Neil Baker continues as assistant manager and continue his direction and management of the club's scouting activities, along with Glyn Chamberlain.

I'm actually very excited about the situation. I think it will be good for the club and Steve deserves this opportunity

Dario Gradi

Gradi says the move was decided after talks with Bowler and feels it will "be good for the club".

He will stay in charge of team selection but intends to gradually hand over responsibility to Holland.

"I didn't want to be a 75-year-old manager working seven days a week, 52 weeks a year," Gradi told Crewe's website.

"That is not healthy for the future of the club. I will probably drop dead doing the job at some point but I wanted to put that day off a bit.

"This is a better way to do things, to introduce this gradual transition because it will take some of the workload off me.

"I'm actually very excited about the situation. I think it will be good for the club and Steve deserves this opportunity.

"We have discussed things with the chairman and we knew eventually that Steve would become closer involved with the first team.

"He will have more responsibility with that but I will still oversee the football side of things."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crewe_alexandra/6575255.stm

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Richie Morris said:
Might be FIXTURES by Gradi is no longer manager.

Club INSIST he will stay on upstairs but RUMOURS circulating he is off...

Not fixtures, but WRONG

Crewe Alexandra wrote

With effect from 1st July 2007, Dario Gradi is appointed Crewe Alexandra Football Technical Director.

As such Dario will be responsible to the board for all the club's football actitivites, including the first team.

Neil Baker will continue as Assistant Manager and continue his direction and management of the Club's scouting activities, which have been strengthened by the appointment of Glyn Chamberlain.

At the same time, Steve Holland is appointed First Team Coach. He will play a pivotal role in the training, team selection and management of the first team playing squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here