Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Wilson

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Now that Danny Wilson has been sacked at MK Dons ,do you think that would have a bearing on the talks regarding MM's future ,knowing a possible ready replacement is available .. Apologies if posted earlier on here but not seen

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has he been sacked?

If he has, it's very short sighted of the Dons. (Just like BC 2 years ago!)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing on BBC either

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No, cos hes not good enough. Couldn't take BC up even though they were probably the best side in league 1 in serval seasons.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Read yesterday in mail but may have been wrong

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Id rather him than Mark McGhee.

I thought BC sacking him for Tinnion was a knee jerk and MKDons have little income so not much money to play with, kind of like another team I can think of.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Stinky Kat said:
Id rather him than Mark McGhee.

I thought BC sacking him for Tinnion was a knee jerk and MKDons have little income so not much money to play with, kind of like another team I can think of.

Exactly, in the same situation as us in a league lower and they got relegated.... so how will he do any better than MM

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
blockhseagull said:
Exactly, in the same situation as us in a league lower and they got relegated.... so how will he do any better than MM

He wont. Least MM has managed to get teams out of that division

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
He could motivate the players.

He could play them in positions they are acustomed to and he may be able to bring some fresh blood in

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Stinky Kat said:
He could motivate the players.

He could play them in positions they are acustomed to and he may be able to bring some fresh blood in

With no money? He had the same task with MK Dons that we had this year and still got them relegated so I fail to see how he is any better than McGhee. I think its fairly well documented that the team spirit is still there.
MM has made some bizarre choices but i fail to see how spending a fortune sacking him and replacing him with a waste of space manager like Wilson is going to help.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
DAMANCLAY said:
With no money? He had the same task with MK Dons that we had this year and still got them relegated so I fail to see how he is any better than McGhee. I think its fairly well documented that the team spirit is still there.
MM has made some bizarre choices but i fail to see how spending a fortune sacking him and replacing him with a waste of space manager like Wilson is going to help.

Agree with that entirely, i can understand why some people want shot of MM, but replacing him with Wilson confuses me.

And Wilson had a goalscorer at MK Dons, more than what we had

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Personally I think the place needs a 'spring clean' rather like when Adams came in.

The Stoke game was a disgrace, the players may have been down about relegation but so were we and we still turned up and supported them whilst they showed a lack of interest after the 1st goal. Thats down to the backroom staff and they did not install any pride in the shirt and that was disgraceful.

I like MM's honesty but I am thinking his record and man mangement skills are not good enough. Its time for change before it gets worse.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Stinky Kat said:
Personally I think the place needs a 'spring clean' rather like when Adams came in.

The Stoke game was a disgrace, the players may have been down about relegation but so were we and we still turned up and supported them whilst they showed a lack of interest after the 1st goal. Thats down to the backroom staff and they did not install any pride in the shirt and that was disgraceful.

I like MM's honesty but I am thinking his record and man mangement skills are not good enough. Its time for change before it gets worse.

Surely some of that flak for that performance against Stoke must fall at the feet of the players though.... they looked uninterrested and seeing as some were still playing for contracts i was disappointed

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Stinky Kat said:

I like MM's honesty but I am thinking his record and man mangement skills are not good enough.

I must agree with you the Stoke game was an utter joke but I think about 4 of the players knew they were gonna lose there jobs so couldn't be arsed and that reflected the rest of the team. I think MM's record in this divison is the only thing that saved him and I think this time next season we will be glad of it.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If DK had wanted DW, he would have hired him instead of MM in the first place, wouldn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here