Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Wilson wants Hoskins on a permanent deal

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
Yeah let's hope so. Hands off Danny he is just getting his sharpness back. Be back at the Amex soon hopefully banging in the goals ;)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Really? a few run-outs for Brighton versus first choice striker for Sheffield United? Every chance we'll be in same division next season and they're still a bigger club than us.

IF they go up, Hoskins will have played a part, and Wilson will have money to spend.

I like Hoskins, but the way Gus sets us up, with only one striker(and that's what Hoskins is) his chances are going to be limited.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Really? a few run-outs for Brighton versus first choice striker for Sheffield United? Every chance we'll be in same division next season and they're still a bigger club than us.

Wilson said he will have to fight for his place and isn't guaranteed to start.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

If Utd come up then certainly a poser for Hoskins. No doubt Sheff Utd are the bigger club but next season we should be realistically aiming for top 2 where as Utd will surely be hoping for anything above 4th bottom

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
If Utd come up then certainly a poser for Hoskins. No doubt Sheff Utd are the bigger club but next season we should be realistically aiming for top 2 where as Utd will surely be hoping for anything above 4th bottom

Why do think they would aim so low? We came up last year, would you be happy with anything above 4th bottom this season? We will also be 'realistically' aiming for top 2 along with about 6-8 other clubs.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why do think they would aim so low? We came up last year, would you be happy with anything above 4th bottom this season? We will also be 'realistically' aiming for top 2 along with about 6-8 other clubs.

To be honest , I would of taken staying up this season. I think UTD will aim for the same due to the turbulant season they last had when in the championship which saw them nearly go bust. I doubt they have the cash to go out and spend massive amounts.

Yes other clubs will aim for top 2 but some aims are more realistic than others

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Always trust the old 'big club' line to get a debate :lol: Its Sheffield United, admittedly their best years are behind them, but did I really have to look up their 4 FA Cups, 1 league title and 60 seasons in the top division?
They've won nothing of note since 1925, and have spent maybe 7 or 8 seasons in the Prem in the past 30 seasons?

Not saying they are not bigger because they are, but trotting out an honours list from 70 years ago isn't relevant to Will Hoskins when making a career decision is it? However, the fact that they are getting 18,000 in division 3 suggests they have the potential to get out of that division quickly.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
They've won nothing of note since 1925, and have spent maybe 7 or 8 seasons in the Prem in the past 30 seasons?

Not saying they are not bigger because they are, but trotting out an honours list from 70 years ago isn't relevant to Will Hoskins when making a career decision is it? However, the fact that they are getting 18,000 in division 3 suggests they have the potential to get out of that division quickly.

I agree. But it looks like Hoskins jumped at the chance to go there, and I would guess that if he does well he will be angling for a move even if Gus wants him back.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

To be honest I would have settled for 4th from bottom at the start of the season - staying in this division the only objective for me. The fact we appear to be exceeding my expections is great.....

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I would sell providing we can recoup what we paid (approx £500k?). He is approaching the last year of his contract and something tells me unless we play him regularly he will probably see out his contract and move elsewhere for a lucrative free transfer. More importantly, I dont really rate him at Championship level and it appears neither does Gus.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
If we sell him i will be disappointed that he never got a good chance with us. Watching him pre-season, I thought we had a good player on our hands who would score his fair share of goals. Gutted its not worked out like that and would welcome him back with open arms when fit and high on confidence.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wilson said he will have to fight for his place and isn't guaranteed to start.

Exactly, along with several others so it may be BHA all over again for him. As for the Blades being a bigger club - it's subjective as usual - crowd size over honours for me - and they probably just edge that one, although we'd give them a run for their money these daze although they'd probably play their trump card - Sean Bean:

SB: For England James
Brosnan: Yeah whatever Sean

They could also point to Sir Robert Carlisle's Sheffield Utd top wearing turn in Worldwide smash hit The Fully Monty as well:

RC: Honestly Nathe, just go and tell your mum that United are bigger than BHA
Nathe: Yeah, whatever dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here