Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Ings

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I have to say I've been very impressed with this Bournemouth youngster. The way he plays reminds me of an Albion striker who goes by the name of Glenn Murray. Shoot me down for getting carried away but I haven't seen a player in our league with so many similar strengths. If we do lose Murray then this lad would 100% be my no 1 choice as a replacement. I might even go as far as saying he looks like he might turn out to be even better than Glenn being only 19. Hope Gus has had his eye on this lad as he looks very classy.

ps this is not a rumour.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He's got plenty of prem scouts watching him, I read Liverpool, Newcastle and Everton are all watching him.

He is class no doubt

A cynic writes ...

He's probably celebrating tonight's result. What might have ended up as a season in the Championship now looks likely to be a lucrative transfer to Liverpool, Newcastle or Everton.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
You have to feel for Bournemouth. They lose Vokes, Pitman, McQuoid then look like losing ths fella to a big club. Now I know that they are a selling club like all clubs in L1 but it is hard to consolidate and move forward when the vulture circle and pounce straight away. Both McQuoid and Ings were rarely starting and then they get thrown in as Pitman and McQuoid respectively get sold and do wonders. If I was a mouf fan i would hate this!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not all L1 clubs are 'selling' clubs.

But Bumfluff are and Lord B is right I suspect - Ings will be celebrating moving on after another solid performance. Not beyond the realms of possibility that we could go for him given that both his predecessors are now plying their trade in the Championship - could just imagine a front line of him, Barnes and Wood next season - average age less than 20!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agree that he has looked good whenever I have seen him play... however, I reckon we need to take a less risky approach; need an established Championship-level striker IMHO...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
He wouldn't improve our penalty conversion stats though :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
But Bumfluff are and Lord B is right I suspect - Ings will be celebrating moving on after another solid performance. Not beyond the realms of possibility that we could go for him given that both his predecessors are now plying their trade in the Championship - could just imagine a front line of him, Barnes and Wood next season - average age less than 20!!

Ings is an attacking midfielder....... but please, please, please..... not Chris 'sack of spuds' Wood..... surely not :annoyed:

Bexhillian

Jan 18, 2011
I was well impressed by a few Bmuff players Ings looks class, also thaught Pierce who got sent off was quality he looks like a real leader & still young. Wiggins as well for full back cover?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here