Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daniel Kitson

Oct 2, 2008
The man is an absolute genius. Sadly, I couldnt make either of the Brighton shows (last night and Monday night) - did anyone go along and how was it ?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
had tickets but couldn't make it. he IS a genius, the best stand-up comic of this generation by a country mile. and now, with his spoken word stuff and storytelling, he's equally amazing. i saw a show he did last year in regents park that started at midnight, was him plus his mate who played the guitar and sang a few songs, which was immense. moving, entertaining, clever and wonderfully told.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Saw it last night, it was brilliant, very, very funny and very, very moving.
I'd seen him do comedy 13-14 times before, but not the "theatre" stuff he does and this was superb

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I went Monday night, haven't missed a Brighton gig of his for the last few years. Current show (66a Church Road) was less stand up and more monologue but funny/thought provoking at the same time.

Without doubt my favourite comedic 'Raconteur' (sorry to sound a bit poncey but the phrase stand up comedian does not do him justice).

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I was there too. First time I'd seen him - very impressed indeed. Poignant, articulate and most of all funny. Shame he doesn't do more TV but I can see why he thinks it's not the right medium for him.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Fantastic as always, I could happily watch him every week. Lets hope he does something in the comedy festival. The models in the suitcases were great and loads of people stayed afterwards to look at them.

I heard someone in the box office say they could sell out more nights easily or he could play in a bigger venue but he really likes the Pavillion. This sort of sums up '66a Church Road' and the values of wanting to enjoy where you live and have an attachment to an area.

I always find it odd when he talks of such affection to the area of Crystal Palace, but he loves the park, dinasors (which are fab) cafes, shops, take aways and his mates being local and having this all within minutes of his flat.

Does anyone else reckon he would have built a cinema if the crap lanlord had ever sold it. :lol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I came home and the first thing I did was a Google Maps street view of the road he lived on. Quite interesting to spot some of the references.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I came home and the first thing I did was a Google Maps street view of the road he lived on. Quite interesting to spot some of the references.

Did you see any fried chicken bones on the street.

On some of his development shows he last year he did stuff on his new house and coffee machines that was great.

He also did an intensive driving course since moving out which lead to him talking about his instructor, which was like a nice version of the landlord.

Even more importantly can you see the Dinasors, they are brilliant if you have never seem them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here