Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
:bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey I'd hate to catch him on a bad day.

Still at least Brown could have a good cuckle, about it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Blimey I'd hate to catch him on a bad day.

Still at least Brown could have a good cuckle, about it.

The really unfunny thing is precisely that - he'll just laugh it off. When that political speech was possibly the best since Churchill died. Excellent thread, thanks for bringing that to my attention Buzzer:thumbsup:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I take it that is at the European Parliament?

Fascinating to see that there they can behave like adults (apart from Brown rolling around smiling like a pissed up tramp). If that was in the House of Commons he would have got about 10 seconds in before the whole place turned into something resembling a farmyard.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I take it that is at the European Parliament?

Fascinating to see that there they can behave like adults (apart from Brown rolling around smiling like a pissed up tramp). If that was in the House of Commons he would have got about 10 seconds in before the whole place turned into something resembling a farmyard.
I don't usually comment on political threads but having seen that clip I'm gobsmacked, that guy should be running the country and your comments,Timbo, are spot on.

:thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He is a spoilt rich kid who sits on more anti-Europeam commisions than you would believe. When he wanted his way over the Lisbon treaty he would end his rallying call in Latin........................... until the European parliament speakers told him to shut up.
Anyone who can speak Latin is a pompous and pretentious oik.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Excellent speech, and he hits the nail fairly on the head. In fact he stops a bit short for me. No mention of the fact that as Chancellor Brown sold off most of our gold reserves to fund his spending (just before the gold prices rocketed upwards). And they called him the prudent Chancellor.

Why oh why the Tory leadership cannot get the message across as well as this baffles me.

larus

He is a spoilt rich kid who sits on more anti-Europeam commisions than you would believe. When he wanted his way over the Lisbon treaty he would end his rallying call in Latin........................... until the European parliament speakers told him to shut up.
Anyone who can speak Latin is a pompous and pretentious oik.

Why, beacuse he's educated?

Let's get all the thickos running the country - oh, too late for that. They already are and doing a damned fine job :rant:.

larus

Plenty of pertinent questions, plenty of pertinent points, plenty of considerations for this mess.

No solutions forthcoming from him, mind.

He only had 3 minutes. Not really time to give a policy agenda. He was pointing out that GB doesn't have the moral authority to lecture others in the world on financial management, as he's so incompetent.

All he was trying to do was to identify the fact that what comes out of GB's mouth is irrelevant crap.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Plenty of pertinent questions, plenty of pertinent points, plenty of considerations for this mess.

No solutions forthcoming from him, mind.

thats because he nor anyone else has any

think I'd rather Gordon and his cronies were running the country than that right wing prat

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What a bully!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
thats because he nor anyone else has any

think I'd rather Gordon and his cronies were running the country than that right wing prat

Thank you for that incisive riposte, yesterday's man.

So...to get you right, you either agree with TLO that Hannan made a lot of very good points about what Brown is doing wrong and why he doesn't have the moral authority to lecture the world but you still want to continue backing Brown and his cronies OR you completely disagree with Hannan's analysis.

Which is it?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He only had 3 minutes. Not really time to give a policy agenda. He was pointing out that GB doesn't have the moral authority to lecture others in the world on financial management, as he's so incompetent.

All he was trying to do was to identify the fact that what comes out of GB's mouth is irrelevant crap.

couldent agree more...........GB has screwed us to the floor,along with the greedy bankers.This country is in for a long hard couple of years with an uncertain future.........:rant:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Impressive piece of oratory.

But the reality is that no one really knows how to get out of a recession.

What got us out of the 1990s recession?

What got us out of the 1980s recession?

It's all a mystery.

As the Tories found out in the 1980s, the economy is much more unpredictable than anyone could have imagined. Sometimes, spending public money will have the desired effect, sometimes it won't. Sometimes keeping the reins on finances (as Hannan suggests here) will have the desired effect, sometimes it will keep a country in recession longer than necessary.

I don't think Brown has the answers, but neither does Hannan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here