Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danger of "doing a Huddersfield"?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unbeaten, yes, but a win and a defeat is better than 2 draws and we seem to be drawing a lot.

Or is this just a re-hash of the "be more attacking" theme? Probably.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
6 wins 5 draws 0 losses in 2012. Which of those would you choose to lose and which would you choose to win?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unbeaten, yes, but a win and a defeat is better than 2 draws and we seem to be drawing a lot.

Not necessarily. Had we beaten Donny and lost tonight, for example, we'd have one more point, but we'd be a further point behind Cardiff.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
6 wins 5 draws 0 losses in 2012. Which of those would you choose to lose and which would you choose to win?

Dreadful choice of stats, it's 1 win in 6 to be EXACT & that is not good enough esp when 3 of our 4 best players this season lua lua, Buckley & noone (bridcutt) do not start, we were far too narrow & as soon as we go behind Gus admits it & puts 2 on...lua lua was our best player at anfield (better than England call up Downing) & not made the bench for next two, inexcusable call.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dreadful choice of stats, it's 1 win in 6 to be EXACT & that is not good enough esp when 3 of our 4 best players this season lua lua, Buckley & noone (bridcutt) do not start, we were far too narrow & as soon as we go behind Gus admits it & puts 2 on...lua lua was our best player at anfield (better than England call up Downing) & not made the bench for next two, inexcusable call.

The OP started the thread with unbeaten which obviously refers to 2012. The stats I have chose are league games in 2012.
We beat Cardiff last August by starting off exactly as we did tonight by absorbing the pressure and trying to score on the break. We got 'lucky' if you like, because they made a defensive error which Barnes capitalised on so scoring in the first half. I think that was going to be the same tactics tonight, patiently absorbing the pressure and then attacking in the second half. We do tend to score most of our goals in the second half of games.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Let's remember who we're playing against - Huddersfield are drawing matches they SHOULD be winning (eg: they went three up at the weekend against Bury and conspired to draw). We were playing one of the better Championship teams who paid us the respect of an ultra defensive approach. We came back twice, and with a little luck would have won (hit the post, ref bottled a clear red card for their captain, their keeper made a number of very decent saves). Let's not get too upset by drawing a few games at this level.

too much cider iApple!!!! :lol:

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Let's remember who we're playing against - Huddersfield are drawing matches they SHOULD be winning (eg: they went three up at the weekend against Bury and conspired to draw). We were playing one of the better Championship teams who paid us the respect of an ultra defensive approach. We came back twice, and with a little luck would have won (hit the post, ref bottled a clear red card for their captain, their keeper made a number of very decent saves). Let's not get too upset by drawing a few games at this level.

MATCH STATS
Possession
Brighton 57%/Cardiff 43%

Shots
15/6
On target
7/3
Corners
7/3
Fouls
4/14

We dominated the game and the stats agree. On the night we had good opportunity to grab the win (tonight's game could turn out to be a 6 pointer). On another night we would have got the first goal and go on to win the game comfortably. Hey ho, that's football for ya.

I think the draw was the bare minimum required if we want to push on and get into the PO's. The run-in is setting up to be exciting. Hopefully we can end the season just as we started it. Ahh, those heady days in the sun.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I seriously can't believe you are as bad as the rest of them Bozza.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
MATCH STATS
Possession
Brighton 57%/Cardiff 43%

Shots
15/6
On target
7/3
Corners
7/3
Fouls
4/14

We dominated the game and the stats agree. On the night we had good opportunity to grab the win (tonight's game could turn out to be a 6 pointer). On another night we would have got the first goal and go on to win the game comfortably. Hey ho, that's football for ya.

I think the draw was the bare minimum required if we want to push on and get into the PO's. The run-in is setting up to be exciting. Hopefully we can end the season just as we started it. Ahh, those heady days in the sun.

Perfectly put, we would have lost that game a couple of months ago, next season we will be winning most of those games (assuming we stay in the championship) we are still getting street wise with the Championship but the signs are good. I think I will avoid NSC Saturday night if we don't beat Pompey by 4 it could be the end of civilisation.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

:fishing:

It is not often I would quote a Tory but as he has been dead for well over a century it is probably OK. As Disraeli once said " Lies, damn lies and statistics". The point being that you can often interpret information to suit whatever argument you want to put forward.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
It all depends on what games you draw. We have 11 games left, playing 5 teams that are above us in the league. I would take 5 draws against those teams now.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

And Huddersfield are one of the big payers of their division. We aren't.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here