Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Seaborne, Southampton

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Absolutely gutted about this. He's been a rock this season. Many thought he might not be able to make the step up but he has been in top form in the games he's played and still fairly young. Just have to hope he makes a full recovery.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
It's not on Southampton's website, but there is a story about Jason Puncheon going to QPR.

The headline is Punch Off; I suggest they might want to change that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You'd have thought Nigel Adkins would have warned his players off nightclubs by now.

I should add that wasn't meant as a dig at Seaborne, if he was on a weekend off, he's entitled to go about his business. More interesting to read the "hang em & flog em" opinions of the Saints fans on the Echo link there, in relation to the perpetrators. Lots of references to disgusting, drunken thugs and the like.

Without reading back through the archives, I presume they also expressed the same opinion about Lee Barnard a while back?

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Saw this earlier , hope he makes a speedy recovery. Awful news.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You'd have thought Nigel Adkins would have warned his players off nightclubs by now.

I should add that wasn't meant as a dig at Seaborne, if he was on a weekend off, he's entitled to go about his business. More interesting to read the "hang em & flog em" opinions of the Saints fans on the Echo link there, in relation to the perpetrators. Lots of references to disgusting, drunken thugs and the like.

Without reading back through the archives, I presume they also expressed the same opinion about Lee Barnard a while back?

My very fisrt thought on reading the news, was whether Barnard's actions had made it unsafe for Saints players to have a night out, in the wrong place - ie. whether there might be a case of local idiots trying to 'even the score'.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Having been to uni in Southampton I can tell you there are some pretty tough locals down there who don't like students and don't like flash footballers much either. I think the club he was in used to be a strip joint, don't know what its like now though. Hope hes ok.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From the Echo comments:

"No one deserves what this player got, but when you go round to each girl (ones with boyfriends) in the club telling them your on 5k a week and googling yourself to prove your a footballer your asking for trouble, and to then slap a doorman and be warned then do it again.

The city is safe your just got to not act like a complete moron when in it."

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
From the Echo comments:

"No one deserves what this player got, but when you go round to each girl (ones with boyfriends) in the club telling them your on 5k a week and googling yourself to prove your a footballer your asking for trouble, and to then slap a doorman and be warned then do it again.

I was just about to post that comment from Uberman. If it is the case and very sad that these things happen it still doesn't justify this outcome. Hope the perpetrator is brought to justice and hope Dan Seabourne makes a full and speedy recovery.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was just about to post that comment from Uberman. If it is the case and very sad that these things happen it still doesn't justify this outcome. Hope the perpetrator is brought to justice and hope Dan Seabourne makes a full and speedy recovery.

Obviously.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
From the Echo comments:

Quite a damning comment.

But at times a footballer can innocently be enjoying a night out with friends when others interpret his presence with such extreme envy it prompts acts of vitriol towards them.

Maybe he was just enjoying the attention of a few women, maybe buying his mates a few lagers paying with his wedge of cash.

A jealous violent moron may interpret this behaviour just as commented.

Maybe he is a knob who knows, but next time you bump into a Brighton player innocently enjoying a night out, I wonder if we secretly think, lucky bugger, a more violent thug may interpret things a little differently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here