Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dam :(, (Update on Healy from Gus!)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sounds like he is trying to get him to me:

"It's a great shout. I absolutely love him as a player and a person and I have a great relationship with him. Is this going to make us get in touch with Sunderland or David? I don't know, I hope so, but he wasn't in our plans.

"With all respect to him, we have got another ten or 15 names. We have gone through all the names of players not playing in the Premiership where you think you won't have a chance, then you go down to the Championship and then you try to find out.

"We are trying to find out in a very respectful way, talking to the club first to see if it is an option, then talking to the player. This one has come out of the blue and everybody is calling me.

"Even people from Leeds are saying to take him and I am thinking wait, I haven't moved for him. We'll see, I would love to, no doubt."

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon it's gonna happen, maybe even before this weekend. Gus loves the intrigue and is learning poker moves from TB obviously

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
hoover-dam-directions.jpg

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

"It's a great shout. I absolutely love him as a player and a person and I have a great relationship with him. Is this going to make us get in touch with Sunderland or David? I don't know, I hope so, but he wasn't in our plans.

"With all respect to him, we have got another ten or 15 names. We have gone through all the names of players not playing in the Premiership where you think you won't have a chance, then you go down to the Championship and then you try to find out.

"We are trying to find out in a very respectful way, talking to the club first to see if it is an option, then talking to the player. This one has come out of the blue and everybody is calling me.

"Even people from Leeds are saying to take him and I am thinking wait, I haven't moved for him. We'll see, I would love to, no doubt."

I agree Giraffe - This quote contradicts itself in so many ways. If you read between the lines, the Third paragraph confirms that they've contacted Sunderland and that they've said yes and so they're having talks with Healy's agent.

I would say that knowing how Poyet has operated with Lua Lua, Barnes & Greer that we are very close in signing Healy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

really? i read it as they've been through a list of all likely players at Premiership clubs, ruled them out as unrealistic and is looking at players at the Championship clubs.

If you read between the lines, the Third paragraph confirms that they've contacted Sunderland .

again, i read it differently. the part you highlight just says theres a proper way to approach clubs, and he has a list of players he is enquiring about. "This one has come out of the blue " seems to me that Healy isnt on that list. he denies any talks/approach for Healy 3 times.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Worst denial of a rumour ever - seems to add weight to it rather than kill it off!

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Could be my suspicious nature, but considering the large amount of players we have been linked with, why only comment on this specific one...and officially too.

I have more belief in this story than I had, as I think it could happen :D

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree Giraffe - This quote contradicts itself in so many ways. If you read between the lines, the Third paragraph confirms that they've contacted Sunderland and that they've said yes and so they're having talks with Healy's agent.

I would say that knowing how Poyet has operated with Lua Lua, Barnes & Greer that we are very close in signing Healy.

Spot on I would say. Suspect the clubs have agreed how much of the wage we are picking up and now it's just down to old Wheelie Healey

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just heard this to, are they HOT on the news, or guessing based on old news ?

Hahaha I love Gus.

"However we need to respect the position of the players; David is in the Premiership; if we were interested, we cannot just expect him to come down two divisions and play for us because of me, because of the stadium, or because of our position in the table."

He may as well have just said *HINT HINT* after that last sentence, reeling off the positives of coming to play for Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here